Detonics Combat Master

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by Transman, Jun 10, 2011.

1. Transman

Transman New Member

I've got the chance to buy this 3" Stainless but don't really know much about it.It was made in Washington,so it's earley,Pachmyer grips.Doesn't look like it's been shot much or abused.One mag,no box.Guy wants 700.00 for it.Does anyone have any experience with these,and does the price seem fair?

2. JonM

JonM Moderator

thats a fair price for a 90% old production combat master. if its a new production thats waaaay above the nib price.

my opinion:

ive always considered detonics to be subpar guns for above par prices. made popular by the old miami vice tv series. there are way better small 45's colt springfield and even the kimber is better. others may have a different opinion. ive never heard anyone saying "omg!! a detonics sweeeet!!" personally i dont see much collecter resale value. but if your a sonny and crockett fan might be a fair deal

Last edited: Jun 10, 2011

3. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

The old Detonics guns were great. I was a moderate Detonics fan back in the day.

Owned at least one of each of their early models. Combat Master, Service Master and Score Master.

The Combat Master made short 1911s possible due to the coned barrel.

I wish I still had my MkVI Combat Master.

For $700 it is a decent deal. I got more than that for them before they had a 'collectible appeal' to them. Do you know which model it is? Are the slide flats polished, or matte? Sights? No sights?

4. Transman

Transman New Member

Slide flaasts are polished and it has sights,I think it's cool that it has no grip safety.Heavy little 3" with a wide grip.

5. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

MkVI. Very nice.