Desperation

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by BeyondTheBox, Feb 11, 2013.

1. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

I just bought a box of Remington UMC .25 acp for $36 online, because I have a new gun I've yet to shoot and test due to extreme shortages locally...

Yowza!!!

Just had to step back for a moment on that one. Whew!

2. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

I'd of shipped you a box for less than that :eek:

3. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

That's the first I've heard about a shortage of .25 acp. I would have thought it would be far enough out of the mainstream to not be an issue. Kinda worrisome. I hope .22 mag and 10mm aren't next.

4. GeneralPatton

GeneralPatton New Member

Locally, all the small calibers are depleted with the exception of the .17hmr and .22mag. What boggles me is that even the .32 rounds are now at least .50 each :confused:

5. gearhead396

gearhead396 New Member

I was talking to my dad who spends all day watching different news Channels and is very involved in politics very right wing. He said all the government agency's are buying ammo in hoards even raw brass scary stuff

6. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

Im guessing that our Government is buying it, to keep it out of out hands.

7. FrontierTCB

FrontierTCB Active Member

Yep. Even local police depts. especially the smaller ones that do not have an indoor range have Spring and Fall qualifications. The training officers are usually "gun guys" also and are aware of the possibility of no ammo being available.

8. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

Its easier to take the ammo than the guns.

9. jgoertz

jgoertz New Member

Went to Academy this AM. The Mgr said that he sold out of today's shipment of .223 in one hour. The reason it took an hour was that he would only sell two boxes per person. I bought a box of Remington .45 . He would only sell one box per person. BUT, he was selling it for $18.22/ box. He was discounting all ammo as much as he could. I shop there regularly and will continue to do so .

I also shot this picture of the front door.

Attached Files:

10. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

Our local sheriffs dept (25 officers) is scheduling training and qualifications based on when they have ammo, not on the basis of need. It seems like DHS could work with law enforcement agencies to share the wealth.

I don't buy the media reports that the federal government is buying up all the ammo. They told so many lies on both sides during the election I don't believe it until I see it. I believe that ammo and gun manufacturers have cut production because they know gun owners will point the finger at Obama instead of turning on them. Remember Ruger and S&W almost going under because gun owners boycotted their products? If big money knows people don't want to believe the truth they will take advantage of the situation.

11. sdiver35

sdiver35 New Member

I can't even find quality components to reload. Most major bullet manufacturers have posted that they have stopped offering new sales or have 6-8 MONTH backlogs.

Ridiculous is an understatement at this point.

12. JosephMD

JosephMD New Member

I just paid $13/box for .22LR 50 rnd box :(

It is a good thing there was a limit of 2 boxes per customer because I would have gone broke otherwise.

J

13. FrontierTCB

FrontierTCB Active Member

Wow that is highway robbery. I hope this craziness is over soon.

14. JosephMD

JosephMD New Member

Yeah, apparently, I bought the brand that 14 out of 18 London 2012 Olympic medal winners used. ;) Eley

J

15. hmh

hmh New Member

The people that shoot eley know what machine makes the rounds there gun shots best with. That is some dedication.