Desk gun?

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by NGIB, Apr 6, 2011.

1. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Some of us spend a lot of time in front of our computer, surfing the web and reading FTF among other things. Do you have a gun on your desk in ready reach? I don't have kids at home so I always have 2 on my desk. I always keep my SP101 snubby in a paddle holster there as this is the one I grab if I'm running out for a quick errand. The other one varies, right now I have a Sig P220 with 3 mags loaded with Golden Sabre's all sitting in a cheap nylon holster (just keeps everything together). BTW, here's the German made P220 I picked up last Friday that is currently on desk duty - it's absolutely pristine...

[​IMG]

2. therewolf

therewolf New Member

Look at it this way, If I don't have to worry about somebody running into

my house and popping a cap in my @$$ over some of the posts I make,

you'll probably be OK.:D

I find my 92 is a comfort at home.

3. General_lee

General_lee New Member

At the moment, because I'm in cleaning mode I have a Glock 17, Glock 19, Keltec P32, CZ 70, and NAA Mini on my desk:eek:

Most of the time it's either one of my Springer 1911's or the G17 that gets desk duty.

4. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

I keep a pistol in my desk in my office at all times.

5. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Your employee's that hostile Lon?

6. JonM

JonM Moderator

i always got my colt series 70 handy at home. usually have an ar15 in the same room also

7. jismail

jismail Member

Geeze, Guess I must live in the 'burbs cause I don't feel threatend enough on a daily basis to have to travel within my house with loaded guns available at every turn.

One in the bedside quick access safe is all I keep "at the ready', the rest remain locked up.

8. orangello

orangello New Member

My desk at home is next to my gunsafe, actually. I have considered a pistol in the drawer at work, but i don't always lock my desk drawers. I guess if i needed one at work, i would have to ask the secretary up in the front office for her purse pistol.

9. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

No, it's the constant sexual harassment I get from the female employees.

10. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

This one tends to hang around the desk. It's pretty enough to look at, but not so flawless that I'm worried about bumping it around from time to time.

[​IMG]

11. WDB

WDB New Member

Congrats on not feeling threathened, I don't think that was the thought of the OP. More about being prepared if bad comes to your house. I live in a nice area, all the same my carry pistol is always close to me and on the desk top when I'm at the computer. I doubt I'll ever need it but if I do it is close at hand.

To answer the OP question currently a S&W M&P 45.

12. NGIB

NGIB New Member

It really doesn't matter where you live nowadays as the bad guys are everywhere. Last time I checked, many home invasions happen in nice neighborhoods as folks that live there have "stuff" the BG's want. A gun in your bedroom doesn't do much good if you're in the living room when someone breaks in. Hell, I have one in the bathroom as you're pretty vulnerable with your pants down...:D

13. General_lee

General_lee New Member

I would also like to clarify that I don't live in a bad neighborhood, nor do I think anybody is out to get me. I'm just the type of person that likes to be prepared for as many possible scenarios as I can.
    "Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it" I always say:)

14. jismail

jismail Member

good points all.....

15. opaww

opaww New Member

I don't have any guns sense the boating accident, but if I did have one it would be a High Power as a desk gun

16. Troy Michalik

Troy Michalik Is it Friday yet? Supporter

We've got security at work, so I trust them to keep me safe. :rolleyes:

Seriously, there are people that have worked here for years that still can't find my office. . . . and that is just the way we like it.

17. Car54

Car54 New Member

Nah, if anyone comes in here, I'll give them the computer and tell them to read the FTF posts in their spare time. Actually I have somewhat of a black stick an arms length to the left.

18. Lindenwood

Lindenwood New Member

Raging Bull Foty-Fo.

19. Bushwhacker

Bushwhacker New Member

Right now I have 4 in the livingroom, 2 in the kitchen, 1 in the diningroom, 2 in my bedroom, and 1 in the bathroom

20. LYPNELSON

LYPNELSON New Member

:d 'cuz we handle a lot of cash & the 'hood where the yard is, i
    keep a revolver in the desk & either a shotgun or .30-30 by my side.
    Jic :d:d