Desert fun!

Discussion in 'Range Report' started by SHIFTY, Jul 13, 2010.

1. SHIFTY

SHIFTY New Member

A couple of my friends and I went out camping in the desert and had a blast. Just wanted to share some pics

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I took this picture of my friend right after hitting a coleman propane canister with a deer slug. Best picture that i have ever taken!

[​IMG]

2. spyderfan

spyderfan New Member

Good times I like that m1 last pic looked kinda dangerous I like it:cool:

3. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

I read the title wrong, I thought I was going to see some nice cake or something. Oh well, looks like you had fun even without the Cake.:D

4. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Very cool Shifty. It brings out the pyromaniac in me. :D

5. spyderfan

spyderfan New Member

I need to find those pictures where we started spelling stuff with black powder and then lighting it on fire horrible horrible idea and I could use some cake.

6. doctherock

doctherock New Member

Nice pics Shifty, looks like loads of fun.

7. SHIFTY

SHIFTY New Member

For a second there I thought I made a spelling error!:D

8. SHIFTY

SHIFTY New Member

Thanks guys, always a good time when you are able to hang out with your best friends and get some shooting in!

9. SHIFTY

SHIFTY New Member

I love my M1, it was my grandfather's service weapon in WWII, you can pour 1000 rounds through it in one day and the last round will fire just as straight as the first. I got it as a present on my 18th birthday (7 years ago) and I have never encountered one single problem with that weapon. Same goes for my father who got it from my grandfather on his 18th birthday. You can still see where my grandfather marked my grandmother's name on the stock. It's a cool piece of my family's history.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2010
  10. RugerShootinGal

RugerShootinGal New Member

It looks like you guys had a blast!!! That is awesome it has been passed down to the guys in your family like that!!:)

11. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

Shifty is making us all cake? COOL!!!!!!

Nice M1, too! We would love to see some more pics of it.

12. SHIFTY

SHIFTY New Member

Will do. The pics that is, maybe the cake.:D

13. GrumpyPine

GrumpyPine New Member

Very cool.. Didn't know you could go out in the desert in California like that. I thought those of us in Nevada and Arizona were the ones who had that priviledge.

14. SHIFTY

SHIFTY New Member

We here in CA can still have a little fun, just have to know where to find it!:D

15. orangello

orangello New Member

Cool tradition on the M1!

That much sand without a body of water makes this MS boy nervous; i'm glad you guys enjoyed it.

You should email the coleman can pics to Mythbusters. IIRC, they had trouble setting off propane canisters & fuel tanks with a rifle, perhaps an M1.

16. SHIFTY

SHIFTY New Member

That's the beauty of living in the Inland Empire here is SoCal, I'm 60 mins away from the beach, mountains, or the desert, just a question of where I point the car and hit the right pedal. I'm never far from anything;)

17. amoroque

amoroque New Member

Heck yeah! Looks like tons of fun!

18. SHIFTY

SHIFTY New Member

For those of you who wanted some more pics of my M1...

My M1 family
    [​IMG]

My grandmother's name etched into the stock of the M1 garand by my grandfather during WWII (She was his girlfriend at the time.)
    [​IMG]

Location of the etching on the stock
    [​IMG]

If you want more pics just let me know.

19. doctherock

doctherock New Member

That is very nice and I love the tradition. My parent are Jack Wagons and dont do that whole pass it down the line thing. I hope to someday be able to do something like that for my sons but who knows.

20. SHIFTY

SHIFTY New Member

This is all my family has ever passed down :) My dad was the only boy out of 4 kids and I'm an only child. Good thing, if there was another male sibling, I'd have to kick their a$$ and take the heirlooms anyway:D