Desert Eagle Issues

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing Forum' started by GDS, Mar 25, 2008.

1. GDS

GDS New Member

Any smiths familiar with the older ( 1987) .357 Eagles?
    Here's the problem. It will shoot 8-12 rounds then fail to eject a spent case and try to jamb a hot round into the chamber.
    Quality ammo, weapon is clean. The lead fouling is bad after just a couple mags.
    Any suggestions?

2. Zappa

Zappa New Member

Lead fouling? Are you shooting lead? Those guns are made for jacketed ammo only. They're gas operated and lead plugs-up the gas ports.

3. GDS

GDS New Member

No lead. I bought the gun new in 1987, still got the book on it. So I am very familiar with the particulars of an Eagle. Its shot with no problems for about18- 19 yrs or so. I shoot 158 gr SJHP. I started having this problem about 1.5 yrs ago on ocassion. The last 4-6 months its been getting worse. I would say it has around 8-10000 rounds thru it.
    I'm thinking it needs a tune up kit, but I'm not a smith, a shooter yes, but no smith.

Is there anybody making a new and improved TU kit for an eagle? Besides M.R.
    Thanks for any input.

4. GDS

GDS New Member

No lead. I bought the gun new in 1987, still got the book on it. So I am very familiar with the particulars of an Eagle. Its shot with no problems for about18- 19 yrs or so. I shoot 158 gr SJHP. I started having this problem about 1.5 yrs ago on ocassion. The last 4-6 months its been getting worse. I would say it has around 8-10000 rounds thru it.
    I'm thinking it needs a tune up kit, but I'm not a smith, a shooter yes, but no smith.

Is there anybody making a new and improved TU kit for an eagle? Besides M.R.
    Thanks for any input.

5. GDS

GDS New Member

Sorry for the double post.:eek: