Desert Eagle 50ae problem

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by lilnoug, Mar 24, 2012.

1. lilnoug

lilnoug New Member

Need some help. I just fired my desert eagle for the first time. The bolt carrier keeps getting stuck with the magazine. when I trie to chamber a round, the bolt carrier will get caught on the magazine. Any idea what's going on?

2. Garadex

Garadex New Member

No clue, sorry. But I would like to know why you bought it in .50AE comparatively to a smaller caliber?

3. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

You have identified the problem. Get another mag.

The lips of your current mag could be out of line.

4. JonM

JonM Moderator

contact kahr about it. ever since they took over desert eagle production the quality has gone south on em pretty drastically.

no idea how their cs is. but its liekly a faulty mag.

5. jeepejeep

jeepejeep New Member

Can you take a pic of the problem? Try to show exactly where the slide is contacting the magazine. Are you sure it's contacting the magazine and not the slide lock on the gun? This was happening to me as this thing has pretty sharp recoil, my finger was hitting the slide release and causing the slide to lock open on every shot. I'm a lefty and my trigger finger was hitting it if you're a righty it could be your thumb.

6. Ranger-6

Ranger-6 New Member

Have you disassembled, cleaned, oiled, and lubricated the gun before shooting it?
    The slide lock might be sticking due to the lack of lubrication.
    Clean guns and oil, clean guns and lubrication are paramount to proper operation.

7. lilnoug

lilnoug New Member

Yeah I'm sure it's contacting the magazine. You can't release the magazine when it's caught. You have to push the slide back and then push it out from the top.

8. jeepejeep

jeepejeep New Member

OK, that settles that. It could be a badly made magazine, I suppose. I'll take a pic of mine from a few angles and see if yours is different. I'll post 'em ASAP.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2012
  9. jeepejeep

jeepejeep New Member

Here's the mag pics, hope they help.

Attached Files:

10. lilnoug

lilnoug New Member

Thanks for the pictures. The magazine catch is not holding the magazine securely. Because of this the magazine is sitting deeper then it should. Because of that the top of the magazine catches the bolt carrier. Gun is going to have get serviced. That's if I can ever get through on customer service.