Desert Eagle 50ae disasembly problems

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by Hangunner308, Nov 8, 2011.

1. Hangunner308

Hangunner308 New Member

I cant seem to remove the slide from the DE for some reason the barrel pops out like normal but the slide does not budge at all Im following all the steps to try and remove it but it just dosnt slide off no matter what I try
    any thaughts?

2. trip286

trip286 New Member

It's broken. I'll buy it for $200. That's a great deal. :)

3. Hangunner308

Hangunner308 New Member

its all normal shoots perfect functions as should just that the slide wont slide forward for removal

4. trip286

trip286 New Member

Have you looked at a youtube video? [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vh3WGwcPBC0]How to take apart Desert eagle (disassembly only) - YouTube[/ame]

His slide came right off, so I don't know.

5. Hangunner308

Hangunner308 New Member

I already know that stuff just that for some reason the slide dosnt slide off

6. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

And you are sure the mag has been removed?

How about the hammer in the "rest" position?

7. Hangunner308

Hangunner308 New Member

yeap Ive tried all the things mag removed or in hammer in reset Ive tried everything slide just wont slide forward even with force it wont

8. jeepejeep

jeepejeep New Member

I just took my DE out and looked it over really god. I cannot imagine what is causing this. The only suggestion I have is to look into the mag well and see if anything is blocking the slide from inside there.

9. trip286

trip286 New Member

It's either broken, or there is a step that's being missed. Unfortunately that doesn't help you at all, and I'm stating the obvious. Sorry

10. Hangunner308

Hangunner308 New Member

cant be broken if it still functions and shoots great still

11. Hangunner308

Hangunner308 New Member

does it matter that the slide has stamped on it .50ae desert eagle? maybe the slide was made only to be used with the .50? I kno the DE is interchangable but who knows

12. JonM

JonM Moderator

you didnt flip the takedown lever back up did you??

safety needs to be in the fire position. i dont believe you can remove the slide if its on safe

13. jeepejeep

jeepejeep New Member

I just checked mine again, once the barrel is off, it doesn't matter if the take down lever is up or down and the safety position doesn't matter either. What caliber are you shooting? I don't think the slide would make a difference as far as it being removed in any case though.
    Try asking on this forum:Desert Eagle Community Forum - Powered by vBulletin
    You could bring it to a local gunsmith or as a last resort send it to the manufacturer:Magnum Research

14. Hangunner308

Hangunner308 New Member

turns out there was wayyy tooooo much carbon buildup and i forced the slide a bit and a chunk of carbon broke off

15. trip286

trip286 New Member

Wow, all that from some carbon build up? I'd heard that buildup was an issue with DEagles, but damn!

16. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Thanks for the followup.

17. Hangunner308

Hangunner308 New Member

yeap when you can take off the barrel and cock and lock the slide back then release the slide forward with the side lever and not have the slide go flying off, gives you an idea of how bad it was, a chunk of carbon came off and i thaught i broke a piece of metal off the DE turns out it was just hardened carbon, had to use a chisel to scrape off little pieces of carbon on the reciever near the front... one dirty a$$ gun, but then again my uncle neever cleaned it completeley since he baught it, just cleans the barrel and whatnot

18. jeepejeep

jeepejeep New Member

Wow, that's amazing but I'm glad you solved it and got it apart.

19. trip286

trip286 New Member

So it was used and rarely cleaned? Well, it's always good to see an example of why proper maintenance is a good thing. Now go chew your uncle's @$$!