desert eagle 50.cal

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by sizir1shotguns, Mar 24, 2011.

1. sizir1shotguns

sizir1shotguns New Member

much of you folks must be familair with this gun ,a powerfull handgun.
    Im sick of saying to people that this gun can be SHOT WITH ONE BARE HAND .
    i have proof [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-haq8I72DxA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-haq8I72DxA[/ame]
    its fpsrussia, for the people that don´t know him . He is a expert of target shooting a friend of mine says its fake and you cannot shoot a 50.cal handgun with one hand . cmon guys proof him its wrong !!!!

2. General_lee

General_lee New Member

I've never shot a DE, but I would imagine one COULD shoot it one handed as long as their hand and wrist muscles were strong enough.

3. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

What's the point of this? :confused:

4. sizir1shotguns

sizir1shotguns New Member

the point of this is is this video fake ?
    can you shoot a desert eagle with one hand??

5. WDB

WDB New Member

I own one and yes it can be shot one hand... as long as your not wanting to hit anything more than 15 feet away in a six inch ring and don't expect a follow up shot. It is and always be a fun gun, not intented for practical use by any means.

6. JonM

JonM Moderator

I've had a desert eagle 50ae for around twenty years and yes you can easily shoot them one handed. The recoil is about the same as a hot loaded 357mag revolver.

If you want shoot it accurately its like any other handgun takes a lot of ptractice. You need a lot of arm and hand strength to keep the torque from rotating the pistol and pelting you tween the eyes with spent brass.

My preffered grip for all handguns is two hands whether it is a 22lr pistol to the desert eagle. More accurate and controlled shots.

7. NGIB

NGIB New Member

The perfect self defense system is a pair of DEagles in twin shoulder holsters with extra mags taped to your ankles...:rolleyes:

8. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

Don't forget to clip your mall ninja ID card to the front of your tac vest. :D

9. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Actually Jo, I clip my CCW badge to my tactical belt...:rolleyes:

10. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

Kinda what I was getting to when I asked my question.....;)

11. JonM

JonM Moderator

just watched that vid. that guy is a retard. if you shoot a DE without eye protection your gonna go blind from bits of burning powder and metal debris landing in your eyes. its a gas operated pistol similar in function to the ar15/ak47. the big difference is the DE has no enclosed upper reciever to block debris hitting your face.

after a range trip with it you end up looking like you got freckles from all the burnt powder and residue.

they are highly impractical for anything cept fun at the range.

12. therewolf

therewolf New Member

I've got a DE 44.

NOT the pistol I practice "weak hand" drills with.

Even if you can fire a DE 50AE single handed, what practical

purpose does it serve? Sure, SOME people can do it.

SOME people can walk a tightrope over Niagara Falls or wrestle 20 foot Alligators...

Last edited: Mar 25, 2011