Desert Eagle 1911 G ?

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by rccalzadilla, Oct 1, 2011.

1. rccalzadilla

rccalzadilla New Member

What's your opinion about the Desert Eagle 1911 G by Magnum Research Pistols?

2. trip286

trip286 New Member

Get one and give us YOUR opinion :) I'd be interested in hearing about it.

3. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Magnum research makes a 1911 now, whats this world coming too!  im about to look it up now

4. MrWray

MrWray New Member

It looks really nice, i like it.. Its classy looking

image-2934041032.jpg

5. g17frantz

g17frantz New Member

They look sick but ruin it with the huge writing on the side. That's why I steered away from the STI Trojan

6. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Yep, they have always liked putting huge letters on their slides.. I dont care for that either.. Other than that it looks nice

7. g17frantz

g17frantz New Member

I can't say too much about flash considering I own a custom shop Sig 1911, but at least it doesn't have anything BIG stamped on the slide. But oddly enough I really have been thinking about picking up one of those STI Spartans....

8. bartwatkins

bartwatkins Member

I have no experience with the Desert Eagle 1911 - but I can tell you about Magnum Research in general as I used to own a Desert Eagle .357mag.

They are a very good quality maker. Very good attention to detail & the gun that I had performed exceptionally. As a matter fo fact, I had the feeling that I could bury it in dirt or mud and pull it back out and it would still function (never tested that theory though).
    In the end, I sold it because it was so dmm heavy & big that it became a pain to aim/shoot unless it was benchrested (and I'm sure the .44mag & .50ae versions are even heavier).

But anyway, that aside, it was still a very well made pistol. I would be willing to bet that the 1911's they make are of the same quality build.

Thanks,
    Bart

9. JonM

JonM Moderator

from handing one i dont like the novak sight cut, never have, and ii dont like the extended beaver tail or safety.

thats just my personal preference

other than that it was a decent feeling gun.