depressed!

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by unclebear, Jan 24, 2012.

1. unclebear

unclebear New Member

I lent my pretty much brand new 870 express to my cousin for a camping gun for the weekend got back a little while ago to tell me it along with his boat and his Glock 17 are at the bottom of a pretty deep damn lake...

I'm not mad really just really sad, I think I'm going to trade in my colt m4 22lr for a new shotgun of some sort... :(

2. trip286

trip286 New Member

I'd be mad and not sad.
    Reason? Boats don't just sink. Not without extenuating circumstances.

3. Shoobee

Shoobee New Member

Well I am a scuba diver certified and trained to 250 ft.

So this is just a minor problem that would simply require donning your scuba gear and plunging into the water.

4. Jstrong

Jstrong New Member

Who takes a shotgun camping? Unless your in Alaska,or now Idaho with those damn quarter ton wolves. I don't see the need for a gun,or a shotgun that is. Any animal around here (TN/MS) I can pretty much disperse with a stick and some goofy flailing motions or by very loudly asking it to leave.

I could see having your ccw for two legged critters. But a shotgun... on a boat? Maybe he wanted to go fishing Bubba style lol

5. jon1992d

jon1992d New Member

If I was you I would take him to trade in one of his guns to get you a new shotgun.

6. tCan

tCan Active Member

You're not mad? You lent him your gun. He's responsible for it, he should replace it. Or at least pay a diver to recover it/them. A glock and a shotty are probably more expensive to replace than hiring a diver.

7. trip286

trip286 New Member

It also sounds like a story one would tell if the guns had been sold under the table. I'm assuming that unclebear knows his cousin though.

8. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

I would be pissed! I wouldn't give a damn about his boat and Glock but I would sure want to know how he intended to replace my shotgun.

9. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Family or not, he is responsible for replacement of your post property. If he has homeowner's insurance, that would cover it.

10. willfully armed

willfully armed New Member

No crap. What's the story?

11. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Yeah, this.

I'm betting they were drunk and clowning around.

12. jon1992d

jon1992d New Member

Or he decided to make up a story to get a free shotgun. Doubtful though.

13. trip286

trip286 New Member

I doubt that too, uncle bear didn't seem suspicious about him, and he trusted him enough to loan him the gun to begin with.

14. jon1992d

jon1992d New Member

Ya I just hope he gets some kind of reperation. You brake it you buy it. In his case you send it swimming to the bottum of a lake. Its only fair he atleast help buy a new shotgun.

15. trip286

trip286 New Member

It would only be fair for the offending party to buy a much nicer shotgun.

16. Josh1158

Josh1158 New Member

Yeah thats bs you should get some new guns. It sucks about his boat and stuff but that was borrowed stuff. It should be replaced

17. paintsplat

paintsplat New Member

If u borrow something from someone and it gets damaged, lost, or sunk to the bottom of a lake. u should replace it with same quality or better. thats been my attitude and I havent lost a relative or friend yet. all tho I could have some nice tools if I just bought them for me.

18. Minionsram

Minionsram New Member

Heck Uncle when he gets the check from insurance take him by the bank and then by the nearest store to get you another 870. Yeah the boat and glock suck for him but I bet your bottom dollar he will buy himself his stuff back so its only right to replace yours.

19. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Oh sure- Bear posts about the boat sinking, and everyone says "What a pity!"

I post about losing all my guns when the boat sank, and everyone makes sounds of scorn, ridicule, and disbelief! :p

SinkingShip_166230042_std.jpg

Bear, tell him that's a pity- and when is he going to the shop to buy your replacement?

20. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

He needs to either recover & repair/restore the items or replace them. It's really that simple. Everything else is just excuses. That why people shouldn't borrow anything they aren't willing to replace.