Denver Post Poll - Reinstate federal assault weapons ban?

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by Dave707, Jun 13, 2016.

1. SRK97

SRK97 Well-Known Member Supporter

2. ellis36

ellis36 Well-Known Member Supporter

Now 60% No
    40% yes

3. CaptMidnight

CaptMidnight New Member Supporter

We are not allowed to condemn all Muslims for what one does? But we are supposed to condemn and punish all gun owners for the misuse of a single firearm? Which is it?:confused:

4. Daoust_Nat

Daoust_Nat Well-Known Member Supporter

Done, thanks for posting.

5. Floorist

Floorist Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

The 1994 "ban all the scary black guns" law.

6. KG7IL

KG7IL Active Member

I voted yesterday, it wouldn't let my wife vote. She had to use a different browser on the same pc to get it to work.

7. rn-cindy

rn-cindy Active Member

89% no now........:)

8. 762

762 Member

hahaha, back fire. 88% no as of right now

9. JonM

JonM Moderator

they will disapear it and pretend it was never there

10. Balota

Balota ... but I used to play keyboards.

It's still there and hovering around 88-89% with about 45000 responses.

11. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

An assault weapon ban is coming. Maybe not this year, maybe not in ten years, but there will be a day when the non-gun people have had enough repeats of mass killings with short barreled, semi-auto, high-capacity, removable magazine guns, and bring the power of the vote to bare.

Gun people are more vocal, but the numbers are growing rapidly in favor of those who do not believe that there is a place in modern society for a killing machine that any psycho with no criminal record can buy and carry away to do his or her evil deeds.

With every senseless mass shooting the odds are being stacked higher and higher against us law-abiding guys and gals who enjoy these types of guns.

And, in advance, for those of you who fill a need to strike out at me, personally, for such a post, it is an opinion of what I think will happen, not what I wish would happen. And, yes, I do own more than one weapon that would fit in the category.

12. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

Death may also be inevitable, but we can hold it off as long as possible.:D

13. Balota

Balota ... but I used to play keyboards.

I'm not so sure that's true Chainfire. At some point it will become clear that the only realistic way to stop a mass shooting is for someone else with a gun to shoot back effectively. Currently they are waiting for LEO to enter. As demonstrated in Orlando, that wait can be too long for some who would otherwise have survived if a LAC had been able to respond immediately.

14. towboater

towboater Active Member

What are the gun laws in Israel?

15. kfox75

kfox75 Well-Known Member Supporter

Only to those who have, and use, common sense. granted, more folks are waking up to the facts, but just the sinple fact that BHO was elected twice makes me consider the possibility that we just might be boned in the end.

It is still, however, more a case of if more than when.

Wait. They have gun laws there?

comparing us to Israel is a case of apples to oranges if I've ever seen one. They are the result of spending thousands of years in a war zone, and their society as a whole reflects this. They figured out that GFZ signs and LE don't stop $#!t, and have adapted to that enviroment, which stems from a constant fight over a piece of land claimed by both them and the Muslim people.

sadly, we would find pour rights long gone before we as a society came to the point that we realized we need to train and fight, and military service is essential in that fight. that and too many in the younger set feel the World owes them something, and fail to realize that they need to earn what they feel they are owed. Heinlen was on to something when he wrote Starship Troopers, and I'll leave it at that.

It was up to 89.3% when I voted.

16. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

Only compulsory, universal military service will ever awaken the average American.

Get these whiny, cowardly, dope-smoking little douche-bags into boot camp and most will grow up damn fast.

17. BuryTheHatchet

BuryTheHatchet New Member

I think it is open carry on anything as these young Israeli girls show...

[​IMG]

18. JonM

JonM Moderator

Hate to say it but it looks photo shop to me

19. TankTop

TankTop Active Member Supporter

It's a real photo, the IDF regularly requires all soldiers off duty to carry their weapon, individual towns also do it generally in response to specific expectation of threats. They are also encouraged to carry off duty anytime they wish.