Denny's TV commercial on 4th of July

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by bowserb, Jul 5, 2012.

1. bowserb

bowserb New Member

I dont' remember what show played it, but Denny's ran a commercial where a guy is there with his two kids and asks (I paraphrase) what makes America great. One little girl makes an intellectual remark about the constitution and laws, a grodie biker type makes an unexpected left wing remark about how "our differences" make us better--or some bleeding liberal words to that effect. But then an old lady says, "It's the 2nd amendment and our right to keep and bear arms."

I think that spot warrants a lunch sale or two to gun owners. I'm going to Denny's tomorrow, and I'll be sure and tell the manager why I came.

Good for Denny's.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2012
  2. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

Missed that one, Denny's just moved up a spot or two in my book.

3. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

Yeah, I'd eat there too, but the one near me serves 2a-friendly greasy cardboard flavored frozen msg. On top of that, the service isn't much good either.

4. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I haven't eaten at a Denny's in years.

5. tellmaster207

tellmaster207 New Member

Guess it's Denny's for me.

6. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7wYm0cYEOI[/ame]

7. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

they just built a new Denny's and truck stop in our town and it opened up last week. after seeing that commercial, i do believe i will even be eating there more!:D

8. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

9. RJMercer

RJMercer New Member

Too bad the closest Denny's is 60 miles from me. I'd have a dozen of my buddies there putting the cooks to work and throwing some flirt at the waitresses.

10. therewolf

therewolf New Member

I eat at Denny's for the WIFI...:eek:

11. fupuk

fupuk New Member

Michiganopencarry.org has open carry lunches at Dennys around me a few times a year. Ive been once with my wife for that. And we go a couple times a month to dennys by ourselves.

12. NativH

NativH New Member

I always stop in for breakfast at whatever local Denny's I can find when out of town on business. I'll make sure to mention this as the reason from now on. Wish more American businesses would be so patriotic and forthright about it.

13. mudpupp

mudpupp New Member

Hope this helps

image-2051398437.jpg

14. FlBob518

FlBob518 New Member

They last two times it showed here yesterday, they cut the old lady out of the ad.

15. levelcross

levelcross New Member

Haven't seen it, I hope that they didn't screw it up and edit the old lady out, I'd hate to think they are as spineless as Washington is.

16. bowserb

bowserb New Member

I think there must be two versions of the spot. The long one includes the truck driver and the old lady. The short one is just the kids. Since the truck driver's comment is kindof leftist, and the old lady is 2nd Amendment, they at least balance the editing. I ate at a Denny's in Lawton, OK, where the policy is active duty military or veterans get a discount. Nice. Lawton is an Army town.

17. therewolf

therewolf New Member

I finally saw the one with the old lady yesterday.

So the long version is still playing...

18. fmj

fmj New Member

Did anyone NOT notice at the end of the spot, the little girl asks "Bear arms?" as she holds up her teddy bear??:(

Last time I ate at Dennys, was headed to the Indy 1500 gunshow....best colon cleansing i have had in a LONG time. Spent a large quantity of time hunting facilities as wave after wave of explosive excretions overcame me. EXACTLY what one wants to be doing whilst wandering around the largest gun show in the state, shopping for guns and accessories.:rolleyes:

19. Durangokid

Durangokid New Member

fmj, of all these Dennys post yours is the only one that I can relate to.:eek:

20. RichNH

RichNH New Member Supporter

I certainly noticed it but I don't think it detracts from the 2nd Amendment mention. It's obviously meant as a joke, she's pretty young and holding a teddy bear, I could see a kid hearing that and thinking 'teddy bear arms' and being confused.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2012