Denied permission to Political Forum

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by BCMjUnKiE, Mar 3, 2012.

1. BCMjUnKiE

BCMjUnKiE New Member

How come I can't read or post in the Political section? And I have 95 post. So that's ruled out.

2. MrWray

MrWray New Member

You either need to be authorized by a moderator to participate or become a supporting member. Shoot notdku a PM and let him know that you would like to participate.

3. canebrake

canebrake New Member

4. Ranger-6

Ranger-6 New Member

I thought maybe its only for paying customers...

5. kaido

kaido New Member

I was under that assumption too.
    Only reason I've wanted in that section is becaus I weirdly enjoy reading those things. Their better then the "news" we get fed over TV and the papers.

6. MrWray

MrWray New Member

I have full access to the forums,and i have not requested it nor am i a supporting member "yet". I guess that the administrator/moderators just graced me with the priviledge. NOW if a member is known as a "hothead" then they have a high probability of not being granted access

7. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

I've never had that problem either. (even before I was a SM) :confused:

8. JonM

JonM Moderator

im not 100% but i think notdku set it at 100 posts. but im not sure.

9. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Post 3 more sumthins then see if you have access

10. jimogden1984

jimogden1984 New Member

I've been wondering about this too. If 100 posts is what it takes I better start doin more talking and less reading

11. theropinfool

theropinfool New Member

I had over 250 posts and couldn't get on that one. Now that I'm a SM and get to get on? Not really that interesting. :(

12. Ranger-6

Ranger-6 New Member

I have 180 posts and still can't get in. I really don't care about political stuff so its best I keep out of there anyways. Besides, I am not one who chases the carrot.

13. jimogden1984

jimogden1984 New Member

I'm not very political either. It'd just be cool to check out

14. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Gents- our beloved Admin will be around- at the moment I think he is somewhere in the shade at the beach, being fanned by nubile maidens and fed small bits of toasted unicorn.

However, I THINK the history of this was- we went thru a spate of trollish behavior from folks that had joined an hour before. After getting the stains out of the carpet, getting holes in the walls patched (Hey- watch it- that trash bag is dripping- and you KNOW how hard it is to get that out of the carpet!) AND we had parted ways with the trolls, Admin set the parameters that for folks that joined our happy band AFTER that date would need to be supporting members to access some threads.

Seriously, that period was irritating as hell- nothing about firearms, but really heavy on the tin foil hats. Almost made me lose my girlish laughter.

Some of you are old timers, some new. If you would like access, pony up and help pay for the bandwidth to keep the forum going (and toasted unicorn is not cheap, y'know)

And what the heck- you were just gonna waste that money on something frivolous- like food, shelter, medical care- right?

15. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Really........$15 a year for such entertainment, friendship and gun education and political debate is a sure bet. You spend more than that for candy bars, gum, pop and chips in a month, I bet. Use that $15 bucks to join the forum instead of buying that junk food and you'll be able to participate in the great political section of this forum and probably lose a couple pounds, too. :D

As for the political section, I don't go there very often so if someone wants to send me some money, you could 'buy' my access to the political forum. ;)

16. jimogden1984

jimogden1984 New Member

What other forums have limited access? Seems like there was another one I couldn't get into

17. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

OTHER FORUMS?!?! HERESY!!!! HERESY, I TELL YOU!!!

Seriously, Jim, a large number of forums have become "gated communities" due to vandals and trolls. I am one of several hundred supervisors over at WikiAnswers, and we have to spend time each day removing yahoos that think it is fun to trash a legit answer, or post nonsense. Mess around there, not only can you get banned, we can set fire to your ISP. :eek:

18. jimogden1984

jimogden1984 New Member

I'm not too worried about that, I'm not here to start any bs, just tryin to learn as much as I can and help others when I'm able

19. jordan89

jordan89 New Member

Plus if your a supporting member you can get in on my contest threads :)

20. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Too many trolls running up their post counts and going full bore stupid with their tin foil hat rants. Many were grandfathered, newer, non supporting members excluded. Even some supporting members have gotten bitten by the stupid bug. Unfortunately some have required a bit of corrective action to get them in line.