Firearms Talk banner

121 - 140 of 140 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,199 Posts
I am old enough to remember the Watts Riots. My brother barely made it out of there. His white butt was saved by a black fellow worker. I remember Reginald Denny who did absolutely nothing to deserve getting nearly beaten to death. His only crime was being white. I remember Korean business owners on the roofs of their businesses protecting them with rifles. I believe peaceful protests are a right but the minute you start destroying public and private property you are a criminal and should be treated as such.
Bullmoose, Joe Biden wrote the law that targeted the minorities. He also fought school desegregation. You are cherry picking and everyone here can do the same. You saw this and that but I know people that had their lives and livelihoods destroyed by your "Peaceful Demonstrators". Business owners that lost everything they spent their lives working for. Employees that lost their jobs in the middle of a pandemic shutdown.
A suburb of Las Vegas NV was targeted. Truck loads of bricks and rocks were placed at strategic spots so the "Peaceful Demonstrators" would have something to throw. They knew the local police could not stop them. Heavily armed local residents banded together and sealed off the area. The police supported them and told them what to watch for. The "Peaceful Demonstration" did not take place.
That couple defending their property was charged but the trespassers that were threatening them with physical injury got a pass from a corrupt district attorney. I do not call that justice and if you do you are no patriot.

·
Supporting Member
11,972 Posts
Well they are at it again in LA. Cutting LA PDs budget by the millions. Laying Police Officers off by the hundreds as their homicides and crime is rapidly on the rise.
What kind of idiots are voting for these people!

·
Premium Member
7,692 Posts
I think this is silly! The big problem with us in LE is that we have ALWAYS been under funded!!!:( So how will cutting the budget even more HELP solve any problems which MAY be present in an agency???? Just more IRRATIONAL (lack) of thought by DEMONcrates!:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
3,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
Well they are at it again in LA. Cutting LA PDs budget by the millions. Laying Police Officers off by the hundreds as their homicides and crime is rapidly on the rise.
It's what they want, apparently.

They're going to get it, like it or not. Even while they fail to "get" it, as to why it's all happening "to" them.

Haven't been there for years. Can't imagine having to stomach such lunacy, to the point it gets people victimized (and even killed) because of it.

It's a particularly bad time (with covid and the impact forcible shutdowns have had on the economy) for many people, but I hope more than a few are finally having the "light bulb" moment of realization: their immediate safety and security is on them; wishes that some distant budget somewhere can take its place are baseless and unfounded. I suspect such hope (for the number being many) is also baseless and unfounded as well.

I wish them well. May they enjoy their choices.

·
Supporting Member
11,972 Posts
Well, and with what a spokesman from ANTIFA has already advised!
If Biden does get in to office we are not going to stop doing what we are until he defunds the Police. So by tolerating and supporting the Thugs and Harris bailing some of them out! It has accomplished NOTHING!:rolleyes: And the idiots are defunding the police and laying off officers? That should make the good citizens in the communities very P.O.!;)

·
Banned
5,552 Posts
Same as alcohol except heroin has a 100% addition rate. There no casual users only junkies.
And few alcohol users who are not alcoholics.
Principle is the same regardless

Gov has no buisness telling a person what they can do to themselves. Period.

Once they actually cause harm to another there are a host of charges on the books to deal with that.

·
Premium Member
3,531 Posts

Is it the result of a poorly thought out state law, which prevents the state and it’s subdivisions from spending in deficit?

Tax revenues are down. Thus budgets have to be cut. Is the police cut greater than other city agencies?

·
Supporting Member
11,972 Posts
Jigs
I do not know about the other departments but they cut the PD 150 Million and the School Police 25 Million. Plus doing away with critical divisions within the Agency and laying Officers off. I think one of them was part of the sexual investigation division and part of the drug program enforcement.:(

·
Banned
5,552 Posts
I dont nessacarily support the defunding of police, it already has brouggt about a positive in one area.

Citizens realizing they alone were always responsible for their own safety and arming themselves in the largest numbers in history.
More gun owners dependnding on themselves even on the dem lib side are more Americans who will not want to be disarmed.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Move to a conservative Republican county or parish in a red or blue state and the title of this post means nothing. Something liberal dems can't grasp and will never understand.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
As far as I am concerned, we could use a whole lot more POLICE officers and a whole lot less POLITICIANS of ALL parties.
Trump is the ONLY guy NOT on the take near as I can tell !!

·
Banned
5,552 Posts
Just my opinion but we dont need more police , or less. They do need to be demilitarized.
We need less government at all levels , 2 alphabet agencys dismantled, and a ton of feel fuzzy do nothing laws repealed.

Some dept are underfunded and others way overfunded.
The imdividuals safety has always been and will always be the responsibility of the individual. Has never and will never rest with the police.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts

Well didn’t you know that’s exactly how politicians procure new taxes, they just make it so unbearable for the people and then say hey we need more money to fight this abomination.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
In my humble opinion we need are people that act like humans and not the spoiled rotten braty little bassturds that have crawled out of the basements in recent times!!!

Reactions: Rifling82
121 - 140 of 140 Posts