'Defunding' Police -- Seattle slashes budget for policing

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by G66enigma, Dec 1, 2020.

1. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

You are too fast on the keyboard and not fast enough in the brain. I took the post down because it was false. Next time look to see if it is still there before you post.

Rifling82 likes this.
  2. manta

manta Well-Known Member Supporter

I am not slow enough in the brain not to fact check before posting something, you get that award not me.

MisterMcCool likes this.

3. Ghost1958

Ghost1958 Well-Known Member

Not in smaller towns they arent. Even in some of the larger ones it's a major lift for them to just herd thr mob to a different street. I havent heard of police actually stopping a riot since this started in any city unless they had outside help.

Ehhh what's a Kluxer?

4. manta

Can police in small towns not request help from other police in the state, that would make more sense that involving wannabe police.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2020
  5. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

You got that Azz backwards. If a government is trying to get the people under control, they hire more police. (Brown shirts, SS, Gestapo, OVRA, KGB, Kempeitai, for a few.)

Ghost1958 likes this.
  6. Ghost1958

Example.
    Locally. For all 5 blm antifa protests militia was requested. Using all available police from Sherriff dept, both towns city police and available state police there were never over 12 officers.
    Once the protestors started coming armed there were fewer officers "available".
    And militia called by police chiefs every time.
    Blm/antifa outnumbered and out gunned police everytime.
    Militia and armed citizens present out gunned and outmanned protestors 100 to 1 or more every time. Every protest remained peaceful.

As far as wannabes I was LE. Could have been deputized each time but declined. But I was there every time because it's my community , my friends who live there.

Give up with the shaded wannabe jabs.
    Nobody there out of the hundreds wanted to be a cop. Most there were militia that realize if there ever is a forced gun confiscation attempt made it will be Fed Le attempting it.

Militia help for LE is more the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

No I I'm not a member of one.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2020
  7. manta

Did they not have knowledge / intelligence the protests were going to take place. There mustn't be many police if that's all they could muster. They could have hundreds of police ready here in a hour and more from other UK police forces if needed, that would obviously take more time.

8. Ghost1958

Everytime it was known for at least a week before hand.
    The UK citizens are not nearly as heavily armed and to be frank more accustomed to bowing to gov orders than in America.

The two are not comparable in this particular area.

towboater likes this.
  9. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

I would have liked this post if it was without accusing armed citizens that stand up to potential rioters as being associated with the klan.

Caveman Jim and G66enigma like this.
  10. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

The KKK was founded and funded by Democrats and to this day is a Democrat based organization. If you hate the KKK drop out of the Democratic Party.

locutus, towboater and Caveman Jim like this.
  11. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member Supporter

problem is, those loons then tire of the policies created by the people they elected and move to "freer" states and start the process over again.

12. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

I was referrinig to the so-called "militias" as kluxers.

alsaqr likes this.
  13. Ghost1958

Ah. I see. Not similar at all as the Klan sees anyone other than the white race as a threat.
    Militia make no bones that the police and gov are the biggest threat faced internally by the American people to their constitutional liberties.

They turn out at the request of LE to protect private business citizens and homes and keep things peaceful.
    Gov buildings etc to hear them speak to each other at these protests , were on their own.

14. locutus

I think the biggest threats to our liberty are the conspiracy crazed wing nutz,

alsaqr and Oldoutlaw like this.
  15. Ghost1958

Historically conspiracy minded citizens have not been able to interfere with constitutional liberties.

Historically gov and police have done little but whittle away at individual liberty's.
    Just historical fact.

Caveman Jim likes this.
  16. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim Well-Known Member

Yep, mostly Kalifornia liberal progressives flocked in droves to Oregon and Washington to do the exact same thing. They didn’t learn a damn thing!!!

Ghost1958 and towboater like this.
  17. freefall

freefall Well-Known Member

Intellectually lazy.

18. locutus

No, pararnoid delusion.

19. manta

If they knew for a week then they had plenty of time bring in enough officers to deal with it, no need to abandon their duties to civilian's.

locutus likes this.
  20. Ghost1958

Your opinion. A wrong opinion but still your opinion.

You cant bring in what isnt available.
    Plus even if Le could have matched protesters numbers , which is impossible even in big cities btw, why rely on that when you can out number and outgun the potential rioters 50 to 100 to 1. ?

Not to mention the CAUSE of the protests and the object of the protestors anger IS the police. The more LE is present the more angry and prone to violence the mobs become knowing LE aline does not possess the ability to stop them .

Things work different here. The culture is different here. The people are different here. You are never going to understand.

MstrMsn, towboater and Oldoutlaw like this.