Definition of a Troll?

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by Bear304inc, Jan 31, 2012.

1. Bear304inc

Bear304inc New Member

Not familiar with this term, or forums in general, hell got this " smart phone " and sometimes its smarter than me I'm sure. From what I've read trolls are disliked and just want to make sure I am not doing anything that would categorize me as such... shoebie,,, yes, troll, ,,,,I hope not. Thnxs in advance.

2. Belltactical

Belltactical New Member

I troll off the back of my boat all the time.

3. Belltactical

Belltactical New Member

Even have a trolling motor (dang, I forgot to pick up a new battery when I was in town this morning).

4. vincent

vincent New Member

It's someone who posts with the intention of starting s**t.

It's someone who has nothing to contribute to the site.

It's usually teenagers who have grown tired of making trouble on FB, Myspace and Twitter and lack adult supervision.

5. JonM

JonM Moderator

A troll is a person that posts inflamatory stuff to provoke a negative reaction.

For example, someone posts pics of their rifle and a troll will post how stupid that person is for buying that gun...

Just one example of how trolls work. Most is much more subtle and takes a while to determine the pattern of trolling.

6. jon1992d

jon1992d New Member

(example)
    Wow are you serious thats not even close to how a troll works. You obviously dont know what your talking about.

That is how a troll works.^^ Someone that insults, acts better/smarter than everyone or just dosent have anything for the forum and likes to argue or start problems.

Sorry for using you for my example jon but i figued it would be a good way to show him :)

7. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

And remember------------

[​IMG]

8. trip286

trip286 New Member

Your such an idiot for not knowing what a troll is....

;)

For all intents and purpose, nice word for @$$ hole.

9. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Look at this "SIG" guys posts.....a good example

10. Bear304inc

Bear304inc New Member

I gotcha, I gotcha, although I like winds pic better, maybe if you rub their stomachs you become smarter than everyone else... thanks guys.

11. BeanStationBluegrasser

BeanStationBluegrasser New Member

Hahaha those things have creeped me out for years.

12. Bear304inc

Bear304inc New Member

Now that kinda trolling I'm familiar with, , went out just a few weeks ago on buddies boat stripper fishing at the cheseapeke bay bridge tunnel here in Va. Not a lot o luck but had a blast anyway. .

13. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Dang, i never see a stripper whenever i go fishing! :)

14. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

Although many men have told they were going fishing when actually going to see a stripper.

15. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Its a good way to get in trouble, your not supposed to smell like cotton candy and have glitter on your face when you get home from fishing,lol

16. jon1992d

jon1992d New Member

Thats why you just gotta drink extra hard to cover up the cotton candy with whiskey lol if your drunk enouph she she should understand the glitter was just waiting to get everywere.

17. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Knew a guy that was supposed to be hunting, came home with booze on breath, glitter on shirt. Told his wife they shot a unicorn.

If you try that, hope it works better for you than for him.:p

18. woody63m

woody63m New Member

C3 your one funny son of a gun you know that rotflmao

19. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Thats why you tell her you got a major craving for cotton candy and all you could find was a jar of cotton candy power bait;)

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did