Definitely going into the BOB.

Discussion in 'Survival & Sustenance Living Forum' started by Wings-ofthe-Luftwaffe, Jan 14, 2010.

1. Wings-ofthe-Luftwaffe

Wings-ofthe-Luftwaffe New Member

2. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Great looking knife and did you see the vise test?

I'm getting one!

3. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

At $30, I'll get two or three over the next year!!

4. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Great choice Dune, I have 2 of them, they keep a good edge and it does make a good spear and throwing knife, if needed. :cool:

Tested and approved to be a keeper.

Jack

5. yesicarry

yesicarry New Member

Cold Steel is the way to go. I've got the Recon Tanto with the Carbon V steel which is no longer available. One tough knife !!

6. suprdave

suprdave New Member

I have GOT to hang out with you sometime. Do you throw tomahawks, too? I'll buy the booze!

7. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

I like the War Hammer!:D

8. Mark F

Mark F New Member Supporter

9. Wings-ofthe-Luftwaffe

Wings-ofthe-Luftwaffe New Member

^^ wow... im gonna have to go ahead and order 4 or 5 then... can never have to many good knives laying around

10. bkt

bkt New Member

Cold Steel makes good stuff and there's nothing wrong with those knives, but be aware the handle is a shaped tube and the blade is off-center. See pic below:
    [​IMG]
    The image in the Cold Steel catalog can be misleading.

On the other hand, these knives are very easily adapted as spears and are thus outstanding choices for BoBs.

11. lynn sure likes stabbing meat...seems like a waste though hahaha

whenever i get his meat stabbing dvd's in the mail i always think it would be funny if he had like a grill under the carcass

anyways the bushman is cool and all but i personally think cold steel has better options

and lynn is a bada$$ at spear throwing he got the cardboard guy right in the neck dead center (make you wonder if that took multiple trys though)

Last edited: Feb 22, 2010
  12. laynejc

laynejc New Member

I recieved mine about a month ago but today was the first time I have used it. It could definately use a hilt, IMO, and it would be better if the handle wasnt round. That is the only cons I have. I used this knife for several hours today chopping thorn tree saplings, IT HOLDS AN EDGE!!! The blade looks just as it did when I started (other than the dirt) . I did manage to run it into the ground on a few occasions. After using or maybe abusing it like I hae today, I am strongly considering ordering another. A very good knife in my opinion

13. bizy

bizy New Member

Glock Knife

I just bought this one just cause I like knives. I don't plan on using a knife for anything except for picking my teeth.. This image was downloaded off the net. The actual knife is black and seems very sharp. It shaved hair right out of the box.. May not hold an edge, but it looks cool..

Attached Files: