Defensive Revolver

Discussion in 'Training & Safety' started by SGT-MILLER, Apr 12, 2009.

1. SGT-MILLER

SGT-MILLER New Member

I am really researching and playing with the idea of purchasing a nice little defensive revolver, and using it for carry-conceal applications.

I really like the simplistic approach of the revolvers out there, and I think they have been under rated over the recent years.

A found some neat little videos from Clint Smith on youtube. I really like the guy, and his approach to self defense in general.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOVWwOahGf8]YouTube - Defensive Revolver[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MF3zpdcBJE]YouTube - Concealed Carry Options CCW[/ame]

2. 1861

1861 New Member

I prefer an old model 19 S&W 357 mag. with 4 " barrel for ccw.

3. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Good stuff. Thanks.

4. Mark F

Mark F New Member Supporter

I like a Colt stainless steel King Cobra .357 Mag. w/4" barrel. I have had one for years. It's trouble free, accurate, and deadly.

5. hunter Joe

hunter Joe New Member

Check out the Ruger SP101. This revolver is gaining in popularity and we can't seem to keep them in stock at the gun store.

6. AsmelEduardo

AsmelEduardo New Member

Please see this advice from Jerry Miculek! :D
    I like revolvers, I don't know why they have this mesmerizing charm to me. I think that I would be comfortable carrying a 4" .357Mag :rolleyes: Since I did a practice with a Taurus 66...

7. Mark F

Revolvers in general are super reliable. They are mechanically less troublesome than autoloaders and they have a long history. Revolvers don't carry as much fire-power, but you probably don't need it anyway.

8. dnthmn2004

dnthmn2004 New Member

Great videos. I've watched a couple of his videos before. He definitely knows what hes talking about.

I'd love to go to Thunder Ranch for a couple of weeks if I had the chance.

9. Mark F

I tell you whut... (that's whut we say in Texas)

I'd put any of my revolvers up against any autoloader in a 75 yard shoot-out. However, in a tight place like in a home or a vehicle... I'll go for my 45ACP everytime.