Defending the defensless.

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by doctherock, Sep 30, 2010.

1. doctherock

doctherock New Member

I have a member of the wife's family who deserves a medal for what he did the other night. He is in the Army based out of Reno, Nevada. While he was out at the bar the other night he saw a man strike his girlfriend hard in the face. Immediately he stepped between the man and the woman and started to say your drunk you need to stop. Before he got to drunk the man swung with a right hook, his training kicked in and he back stepped and countered with a left to the windpipe of said ass wipe. The man was down but not out so he mounted him to subdue when the dude pulled a knife. He was able to keep from being stabbed in the gut by his quick reaction but suffered a knife wound though his arm and through the brachial artery.
    He did all this to protect a helpless female from a much bigger male. This is highly commendable and I hope he regains full use of his arm.

He protected a member of society who lives under the Constitution of the United States against a domestic enemy. Amen for my wife's nephew.

2. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

He's a good man. I hope he fully recovers. The other guy should be in jail.

3. doctherock

doctherock New Member

I do believe he is and his buddies that kicked my boy while he was getting the knife through the arm are too.

4. CA357

Good. They need a little time in the jug. Pukes.

5. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

I hope his arm fully recovers, and that the perp spends a few years in the joint.

6. CA357

Domestic violence and assault with a deadly weapon come quickly to mind. I'm sure there are others charges that can be leveled. They don't screw around in Nevada.

7. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

Nice to hear your boy did the right thing. Sorry to hear about the injury though, I hope he makes a full and speedy recovery.

8. doctherock

doctherock New Member

Talked to him today and he can move it and is starting to get sensation back. I hope they charge these guys with destruction of government property.

9. CA357

I like it! Maybe they can charge them as domestic terrorists. ;)

10. doctherock

doctherock New Member

He was afraid the Army would punish him for what he did. I told him he did the right thing, protecting the weak from the worthless.

11. NitroxAZ

NitroxAZ New Member

He did the right thing. Good on him. We need more like him.

12. 007BondJamesBond007

007BondJamesBond007 New Member

He did the right thing. I hope the a$$ wipe's girlfriend is now his ex-girlfriend and she gets a PPO.

13. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I am very proud of him and I am so glad there are people like him in this world. God bless him.

14. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

I hope he has an officer who puts him up for an accommodation.

15. doctherock

doctherock New Member

I agree, this brings great credit to the Army values. I'll keep everyone posted on the condition of his arm.

16. pandamonium

pandamonium New Member

Doc, shake his good hand for me! It is sad that there are fewer and fewer people today who will ACT when action is needed. Most folks don't want to get involved, what the hell ever happened to chivalry, or even self-respect for that matter.

WE NEED MORE FOLKS LIKE HIM!!!

17. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Doc, hope everything works out for your nephew and I wish him a speedy recovery and unimpeded future use of that arm. I personally applaud him and am proud of his actions in this situation. ** Respect ** :cool:

HOOAH!!

Although I concur, he should get an award for shivery and bravery, and that turd deserved every bit of his acute attitude adjustment, and I would have done the same damn thing if it were me, but the Army does often frown on off-duty, incurred personal injuries, even those sustained for worthy and just causes. Especially, those that involve alcohol and an injury that results in taking a soldier out of physical combat readiness.

(Based on a few past personal IGOTEVEN experiences, but all of them were well worth any and all disciplinary actions!) :eek:

Something the other party can also be charged with is malicious defacing and damaging of Government owned property, seriously, it's a standing Federal law.

18. doctherock

doctherock New Member

Thanks IGeteven, crappy part is he will heal just in time to go to sandinmycrackistan.

19. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Give him my best doc! As everyone has already said.....He is a Hero!

20. notdku

notdku Administrator Staff Member

I'm glad he's alright. Wish him the best from us. What he did is incredible.