Defective or ok to use?

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by ZombieBrawler, Jun 11, 2012.

1. ZombieBrawler

ZombieBrawler New Member

Got these winchester .45's, the one on the right has the bullet shoved in further than the rest and the case has ever so slightly bulged and you can see where the edge of the bullet is from the outside of the case, ok to use or toss it? FTF possibly? Thoughts?

Attached Files:

2. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Don't shoot it. Break it apart and burn the powder. Or if you reload redo it.

3. ZombieBrawler

ZombieBrawler New Member

Best way to brek it? I dont reload

4. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Two pairs of pliers. Use one to hold the casing and the other pair to twist it out. Go side to side till it comes out. Since you don't have bullet pullers this bout the only way you can pull it apart wo shooting it.

5. MrWray

MrWray New Member

When in doubt, toss it

6. MobileMarine

MobileMarine New Member

Dont think I would have even noticed that , I load and roll . Are they factory loads ?

7. ZombieBrawler

ZombieBrawler New Member

Yes and very expensive ones too, $35 box right there for the 50 of em, 180 gr hollow point

8. ineverFTF

ineverFTF New Member

Set up the iffy round at 25 yards primer facing you. Get a .22 and pow! Problem solved :p

9. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

Get the lot number and ammunition information from the box it came in and report it back to the manufacturer.

10. ZombieBrawler

ZombieBrawler New Member

Ehh i did chuck it allready...

11. Longrange

Longrange New Member

Same issue I had with Winchester white box .40 cal. Call them and they will send you pre paid shipping label for the bad rounds. Once they recieve them they will send a coupon for a free box.

12. gollygee

gollygee New Member

Looks as if it may be okay, but even at that price, not worth the risk. I've had several with 'set back' due to feeding problems with a pistol. I dumped them in a bucket of water for a few days, then buried them.

13. ZombieBrawler

ZombieBrawler New Member

Yeah sucks but whatever i guess