Deer season is right around the corner!!

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by coopertrooper, Sep 6, 2013.

1. coopertrooper

coopertrooper New Member

Deer season is almost here y'all!!! Y'all locked in loaded yet??? I've been sightin in my savage and puttin out corn

image-886812716.jpg

image-1154301445.jpg

image-41106378.jpg

2. Wiseman3

Wiseman3 New Member

Any meat y'all wanna send my way, I'll take it.

3. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Nope. Haven't bothered to get nor had the money for my hunting license for two seasons now. Besides it's a bit expensive up here just to take two deer and we are limited to bow, black powder and shotgun. The hunting in Ma kinda sucks.
    I fully intend to teach my brother how to hunt when I get down south.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2013
  4. coopertrooper

coopertrooper New Member

Agree to that, I love huntin and livin in the south. .

5. Salvo

Salvo New Member

All of the hunting where I live is pricey - and I don't have a good deer rifle right now, in any case.

Maybe next year.

6. SRK97

SRK97 Well-Known Member Supporter

It's not hunting if you put out corn in my opinion.

7. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

Here in Texas we don't go hunting,we go Kill'in.
    Opinion's are like a$$hole's,everyone has them.

8. SSGSF

SSGSF New Member

Yep I am ready the feeders have corn and some food plots have been planted. Now I just sit and wait till Nov.

9. chloeshooter

chloeshooter New Member

Got both my Montana license (mule deer or white tail) as well as my Minnesota tags. Been getting my rifles ready, shooting groups like your center target pictured, only at 220 yards (long distances in Montana!). Rem 700 in 30-06 Springfield and a new Remington 783 in .270 Winchester.

Goal this year - 2 or 3 and a full freezer.

10. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

Waidmanns heil everybody! Good luck! Please post pictures of your successful hunts. Love to see some American deer.

11. SRK97

SRK97 Well-Known Member Supporter

This year is the first time I've had to buy a license at 16, $42.00. I didnt think it would be that expensive.

12. 7.62 Man

7.62 Man New Member

I shot three squirrels this morning you can have them if you clean them. :rolleyes:

Just out looking right now, but bow season is only a few weeks away.:D

13. TLuker

TLuker New Member

Last week a friend and I cleaned out some stands, did some bush hogging, plowing, and sowed seeds for a couple of food plots. I'm ready to go, which is good because it's pretty much here in S.C. Bow season opens in just over a week. Black powder opens on Oct. 1 and rifle season on Oct. 15. :)

14. squirrelhunter

squirrelhunter New Member

The only rifles you can use here are ML and ones that fire handgun cartridges like 357 mag and 44 mag,no high powered like 30-30,30-06 etc. No baiting allowed either. Can't even afford regular hunting license at this point let alone deer license. Plus I don't have a decent place to hunt,so I'm not sure if me and the 44 mag will make it out or not.:(

15. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

Probly not gonna get my license. We will see. Really want my wife to get a deer to see how she likes hunting. Got her course last month and next week I'll get her license. .. if she does like it great.. if not now we will know

16. Wiseman3

Wiseman3 New Member

Yes I will