Deer of a Different Color!

Discussion in 'Hunting Forum' started by Sniper03, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Thought you might like to see the following pictures.
    The first one was in 2008 when he was a fawn and the next one was this summer when he walked out into my front yard. For those who have never seen one before it is what is called a Pie Bald Deer in Tennessee.

Attached Files:

2. Hawg

Hawg New Member

We've got a lot of those here and in the northeast part of the state where I grew up there's a lot of white deer, not albinos just white.

3. dks7895

dks7895 New Member

Awesome! We had an albino, completely white, down at my folks place. We watched her for 2 years before the neighbor shot her.

4. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

He is around the seventh generation of this family I have followed and photographed since 2003. Here is the original Mother (Doe) Deer that actually died in the winter of 2009. I figured she was around 2 years of age when we moved here in 2003. I could always ID her due to the fact that when she was young coyotes or something had attacked her as a young fawn and left scars on her side that were easily Identified. This is her below in 2006 with twins. I am sure the Pie Balds mother was one of the fawns in the picture with the Old Mother Doe. The Mother Doe had twins every year when she was alive. I figure she was around 8 or 9 in 2009 when she died. I am an avid hunter but have a lot of respect and love wildlife and nature! :)

Attached Files:

5. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Ya my little cousins first bow kill ever was last year and he killed a button buck that was what we call a fallow deer. I didnt want him to kill the big doe and thought he had until we climbed down and i seen the nubs. Im glad now that he killed it since it was about a 3 year old deer and had several broken ribs and a badly healed front leg.

God didnt make all men equal colonel sam colt did

6. TimL2952

TimL2952 New Member

NY boasts one of the largest populations of white deer in the world....NOT albino...eyes still have pigment.

[​IMG]

7. unclebear

unclebear New Member

thats odd, you sure there not a bleach factory or something down the road?

8. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

No they are naturally that way. They are from canada. They are a different type of whitetail.

God didnt make all men equal colonel sam colt did

9. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

Canada ehh! Same group as the Piebald. I was up near the border last weekend. Awesome country. For those that don't no Ehh, here it is ehh.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BFPt001PYU]Bob & Doug McKenzie - Take Off - YouTube[/ame]

10. trip286

trip286 New Member

I think those solid white ones ar also considered piebald, something about it being the same genetics that cause the coloring.

They look like some real fancy moccasins to me.

11. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

The Argonne National Laboratory outside of Chicago has a sizeable population of white deer. My dad worked there til the early 70's

12. TimL2952

TimL2952 New Member

yea. I always wondered what caused the coloration. The ones here in Western NY around Niagara Falls like to hang around the abandoned Ransomville Air Force installations and certain chemical dumps *cough* LOVE CANAL *cough* :eek:

13. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

hahahahahaha, that's the first thing that popped in my head! :D

14. Win73

Win73 New Member

I got this picture of this one here in Alabama.

[​IMG]

15. powg

powg New Member

white deer

I read somewhere that in an eastern state there is an army base /depot that is covered up in white deer ....the pictures of the bucks shows a genetic trait of very little (nubs) or no brow tines. they can be hunted ther with a special permit

16. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Bragg has a few like that and so does Polk in LA

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did

17. TimL2952

TimL2952 New Member

Sounds like Ransomville AFB here in Western NY to me lol

18. Papa_Woody

Papa_Woody New Member

When I was stationed in NY we were permitted to hunt Seneca Army Depot on a lottery system, they were mostly White/Grey mix but I was under the impression that it was due to inbreeding because it is vastly fenced in.

19. powg

powg New Member

white deer

would in-breeding cause the lack of brow tines ? i know that Anticosty Island off of nova scotia has a very high density of deer per square mile ...the bucks there have little or no brow tines too !

20. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Hell they dont have much rack at all.

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did