Deep concealment ccw

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by JOSH45, Apr 25, 2012.

1. JOSH45

JOSH45 New Member

I was looking for some opinions on a deep concealment carry weapon I know that there are already threads about ccw but I'm looking for little reliable and stopping power. I already have an m&p .45 compact for my current carry weapon. But what to carry when it CAN'T be noticeable at all!!!

2. smoooth308

smoooth308 New Member

Take a look at the m&p shield.

3. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Kahr PM 9 or CM 9

I've carried my PM 9 for the last 5 hears of my 16 years off CCW.

Better Stopping power than any "noisy cricket" caliber

Uber concealable at under 1" wide and 4" tall YET large enough to hold in a propper shooting grip.

Tack

4. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

Amen. Excellent gun, somewhat familiar platform for the original poster. It can be carried just about any which way. In summer shorts and a light shirt it'll carry well in an IWB holster or belly band. I like the belly band for mine.

5. smoooth308

smoooth308 New Member

Yup I figured he should go with something he already knows and I'm pretty sure this is the exact reason they designed the m&p shield.

6. JOSH45

JOSH45 New Member

Any idea what a m&p shield goes for $$$

7. marc29th

marc29th New Member

Manchester Firing Line in NH is selling them for $399

8. smoooth308

smoooth308 New Member

Thats about right. From what I've been seeing its the 400 range give or take.

9. nickel1911

nickel1911 New Member

+ 1 on the shield. Seems to be getting great reviews

10. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Can I ask a question without coming off as bashing poly guns but...................hasn't the whole argument to go with these guns has been based on capacity?

The Shield is a single stack with six rounds?? :confused:

I'm glad you guys have come around to a true concealed carry gun but you should realy look at the 1911 Commander. It has 8 rounds! :rolleyes::cool:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qn2S7fq_p1E[/ame]

11. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

My Shield is 8+1, with 7rds in the extra mag. Very shootable with even the stouter 9mm loads.

My personal subcompact carry preferences are 6+ rounds of at least 9mm power, in a light and compact package. I like to dress and travel light whenever possible.

12. rjd3282

rjd3282 New Member

I have a serious question? Why deep concealment? Are you going under cover? I'm being serious. I thought the whole idea of carrying for self defense was to have a weapon that you could actually get to quickly. If you have time to go digging for your gun that would pretty much rule out self defense. Again I'm not trying to piss in your post toasties. It just seems to me that with all these mouse guns and talk of deep concealment the whole idea of carrying seems to be less about self defense and more about hide and seek. I don't get it. :confused:

13. JOSH45

JOSH45 New Member

I live in minnesota so if I go to the mall of America I can't go in any stores if it's noticeable and those bans guns signs are everywhere I just want a slim so I don't have to listen to anyone whine about it if they dont know it's there it won't hurt anyone