1 - 20 of 173 Posts

·
Retired
13,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Administrator
26,578 Posts
Line 21 e on the 4473 asks: Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?

Am NOT an attorney- left my law degree in my other pants- but if the Feds (and the states) LEGALIZE cannabis, that is no longer an issue.
If they DECRIMINALIZE it, it will remain an issue- it would still be unlawful. If they legalize it for medically prescribed use, not a problem.
Right now, cannabis is a Schedule 1 controlled drug- meaning there is no recognized medical use- and under Federal law, it cannot be prescribed. Heroin falls into the same class.

Trivia- Cocaine is a Schedule 2 controlled drug- there ARE medical conditions (very limited) for which it IS prescribed. My hospital used to stock it in the pharmacy- USP Cocaine Hydrochloride.

·
Premium Member
2,415 Posts
Good lord I hope they don’t let stoners buy guns. They struggle so trying to put gas in a car or get 20 bucks out of an ATM.

·
Super Moderator
556 Posts
My best friend's brother-in-law is a 70yr-old pothead. The man can barely complete a coherent sentence after a half-century of smoking pot.

Reactions: ellis36

·
Registered
779 Posts
Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?

I would say that alcohol is a depressant, and anyone that has driven after drinking is an unlawful user, so anyone that uses alcohol on a daily bases, and drives, could be considered to be addicted to a depressant and a unlawful user.

·
Proud to be an American
3,719 Posts
I have never tried it but years ago I worked side by side with a guy who was stoned every day and all day and I never suspected! I just thought he was the quiet type, excellent worker showed up for work everyday! We were walking on the high steel and there was no net but he was steady as a rock!

·
Registered
779 Posts
The master plumber I work under smokes a bowl every morning before work. Sometimes he gets a little forgetful, but I never would have noticed if he hadn't told me. He is quiet in the mornings and very short with his answers, other than that I wouldn't have known.

·
Premium Member
1,474 Posts
I think the feds should legalize all drugs. Then we can continue to deal with increased crime to feed the habits, more homeless scum to let crap and pee on the sidewalks, and more tent cities built on our sidewalks. I don't really understand stopping with this.
When alcohol was legalized, consumption went down. I don't think drug laws keep anyone from using any kind of drug. If it exists, people can get it and they do. Legalizing it wouldn't bother me with the exception of fentenyl for two reasons. One) It cannot be dosed in any manner that doesn't kill and Two) China is using it to take down the US. China is where it comes from. Mexico is just a willing conduit.

With legal drug use, a law should come with it that states that if your drug use hurts anyone else, you pay them or go to jail....everyone. I doubt drug use would go up. Private institutions should still be free to not work with tested drug users. Good people are going to be good and bad people are going to be bad. Just my opinion.

·
Premium Member
10,317 Posts
Never tried it , got drug tested on alot of construction jobs be surprised how many pot heads out there .
i had several workers test positive for pot. One was positive for heroin.

In Oklahoma medical marijuana dispensaries are everywhere. Now our political hacks are afraid that dope peddlers will take advantage of the medical marijuana law to raise and/or sell pot.: They want federal money to enforce OK pot laws. i own a 40 acre piece of marginal property near a huge licensed operation with over 30 grow houses. Property values there have skyrocketed.

Every year about 11,000 people in the US are killed by drunk drivers, another 290,000 are injured.

National Drunk Driving Facts & Statistics (2021 Updated) | Geoffrey G. Nathan Law Offices (geoffreygnathanlaw.com)

IMO: Decriminalize pot and put a federal tax on purchases.

·
Premium Member
2,917 Posts
Taxing pot's not the same as taxing whiskey. Hard to tax something anyone can grow in a closet. Drug cartels are fuelled by prohibition, same as alcohol fuelled crime during prohibition of alcohol. Health issues not withstanding, decrease the demand for illegal pot and criminals' profits go down.

As far as pot prosecution being a racist thing - pure horse crap. Anyone who chooses to do crimes is a criminal. It's the choice made by an individual. If there are more people of one race doing time it's because more people of that race chose to become criminals.

Frankly, I thought this would've been done earlier this year. Another "issue" to draw attention away from obvious failures (non-stop flood across the border, raise in fuel costs, etc.) Enforcing new tax laws without creating a new class of criminals will be interesting. Good luck with that, Chuck.

·
Premium Member
1,474 Posts
Anyone can distill alcohol too. One would think that were as serious as making a nuke in your kitchen. Why? Because some greedy politician didn't get to tax it. It's all about the taxes. If it can't be controlled, it can't be taxed. The same reason people do business in cash, not checks or credit cards. Doing business in cash will save you money. I know people who do cash only. Can you blame them?

·
Premium Member
2,415 Posts
Everytime this conversation comes up someone jumps to the alcohol comparison which is total BS. Alcohol is controlled and people are arrested all the time for drinking and driving and brandishing weapons while under the influence of alcohol. I do believe its a question on the form to buy a gun if you are a habitual drunkard. The conversation was started about marijuana smoking and if decriminalized should you be able to purchase a gun without lying on your application.
I drink alcohol and I have smoked when I was a kid and I really find no comparison to the effects. The one thing for sure is neither things mix with handling a gun. Problem is pot smokers are all over the place in my area along with heroin users and they are a present danger to everyone cause they are Fd up and driving , hunting and some have guns in their cars. Our society is swiftly heading down the crapper if we allow habitual pot smokers to buy guns. Go to a commune or something you hippies.

1 - 20 of 173 Posts