Declaration of High Capacity Magazines

Discussion in 'Connecticut Gun Forum' started by SB777, Dec 4, 2013.

1. SB777

SB777 New Member

So what does anyone think of the "Declaration of High Capacity Magazine(s) Appendix A" regulation requirement? If you have high capacity magazines (over ten rounds) you are required to register prior to January 1, 2014.

http://www.ct.gov/despp/cwp/view.asp?Q=530224&A=4213

2. DeltaF

DeltaF New Member

3. trip286

trip286 New Member

Yep. History has proven.

Why would they want to know you have it if they really plan on letting you keep it?

Reminds me of that other question: why do I want guns? Why do YOU want to take them away?

4. indy36

indy36 New Member

Is that correct? Like that BS is real?

5. ctshooter

ctshooter New Member

Oh it's very real!!!! Have to register "assault weapons" as well. Funny part is my wife's 22/45 lite is considered an assault weapon under the new rules.

6. WillWork4Ammo

WillWork4Ammo New Member

Take them apart and they become "parts kits" or "rebuild kits".

Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
  7. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

**** them mother****ers and their god****ed mother****ing infringements! Give them nothing!
    I'm drunk...again...

Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
  8. WillWork4Ammo

WillWork4Ammo New Member

Step one should be get the hell out of that state.

9. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

Holy smoke. The rest of the stuff on that page bother me as well. Like application to purchase ammo. Eligibility to purchase firearm. Sale or transfer I firearm. Screw that place. I was stationed there from 2000-2004. Couldn't get out fast enough, but apparently I did get out before it got more insane.
    State, county, town, and city governments rape gun owners over fees there.

10. SSGN_Doc

But I bet assembling those pars kits carries fines and other trouble with it.

11. ctshooter

ctshooter New Member

As long as you had your lower prior to the law being signed you are ok to assemble. The funny part is the jackas$es messed up when they wrote the bill. They never included lowers manufactured prior to 94 nfa. One shop in particular has complete rifles and lowers preban for sale, or on consignment from private sellers. Want to know how much for a stripped lower????

12. ctshooter

ctshooter New Member

Everyone sitting down???!! Wait for it.... Wait for it... $1600 for a stripped lower. Yes you saw that right. Sixteen hundred dollars.

13. WillWork4Ammo

WillWork4Ammo New Member

Yeah,they never write the laws right.Because the laws are based on "emotion" and are rushed through the assembly and quickly signed by the Governor.
    "Feel Good" laws that do absolutely nothing to reduce crime.:rolleyes:

14. MisterMcCool

Holy cow, I'm a multi-thousandair!

15. ctshooter

ctshooter New Member

Possibly... But only if they are pre nfa lowers, and more importantly only if someone buys them.

16. MisterMcCool

17. indy36

indy36 New Member

Man, thank God I'm in Indiana. They can keep their separate licenses to buy a handgun, long gun, ammo, to carry or transfer, registration of 'assault weapons', registration of mags, fees fees fees....that state is full blown nuts. Someone put up a fence, I don't want that mental logic moving over here infecting things.

18. ctshooter

ctshooter New Member

Trust me I feel the same!! That is why in two years we are out of this state!!!

19. SB777

SB777 New Member

Working on it ;)

20. SSGN_Doc

But since mags aren't all serialized and dated I'm still betting assembling "mag kits" just makes an undeclared mag that is illegal.

Some stupid shiz for sure.