Decisions to make

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by Jhamblen, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Jhamblen

Jhamblen New Member

I am kinda new in the pistol side of the shooting industry. I'm finding it hard to make up my mind on which pistol to get next. I own a 1911. My next purchase I'm look at either the glock 23 or smith and Wesson m&p. Any ideas or options that might be helpful?

Sent from my iPhone using FirearmsTalk

2. Double_tap

Double_tap New Member

Both the Glock and the M&P are excellent choices. I myself am a Glock man so I openly lean toward the glock but I will admit I love the trigger and the feel on a M&P. My best suggestion is just buy them both

3. Jhamblen

Jhamblen New Member

I like your thinking, but my boss (the wife) said I get one and she gets one. Two in a row won't fly until I get her trained better.

4. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Ah, the boss.I got one myself but I wouldn't have it any other way.
    Depending on why you want a second gun would dictate the type and caliber.

Like if I have 9mm., I got something I can afford to practice with.Protection,I'd want to step up the caliber a little.The brand well that's just a matter of taste.If you enjoy it ,do it,you only live once!:)

5. RogerH

RogerH New Member

if the boss not happy nobody's happy . i got my boss a G 19 for christmas . I have a G21 10 yeas old still shoots fine. she lets me touch hers. I took her to look at lots of 9mm SHE liked the 19 the best. put 3.5 connector and polished a little on the trigger slide relise extention gonna get rear sight lazer light for both when i get some extra money

6. Quentin

Quentin New Member

The Glock 23 is a great pistol and I highly recommend it. But handle both guns and pick the one you like best. You won't go wrong with either.

7. Jhamblen

Jhamblen New Member

When I took her to the range to pick her first gun I tried the smith 9 compact. Loved it, but I do like the fact that the 23 is a little bigger in size and caliber. She said I can't get the smith because she liked it as well. Said she may have to deal with it. Her response was she wants a 1911 then. Can't argue with that in any way. Has anyone heard of any downfalls to either. Obviously glock has above and beyond proved its self at the range and in the field. The only thing I have heard about the smith is a very light trigger. I haven't heard anything bad about the glock.