Decisions, Decisions

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by wjjd57, Mar 7, 2014.

1. wjjd57

wjjd57 New Member

I need some help deciding between a Daniel Defense V7 & a Rainier Arms. A know all about DD's reputation but I don't know much about Rainier Arms. Anyone with some personal knowledge about RA wanna help me out?

Here is the RA model I'm looking at: https://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=4333

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Firearms Talk mobile app

2. okdonk

okdonk New Member

They both have outstanding quality n customer service. DD manufactures everything in-house. While RA does not.
    DD has their 2014 line up in brownish bronze color which include their newly designed grip and stock.

My opinion, AT LEAST get the new 2014 DD V7 (the new color, grip and stock i mentioned above) if you decided to get the DD.

But if i were to choose one between the two, i'd damn sure get the RA. Why? I love that Concrete (Tungsten/ Silverish color), MFT stock, longer rail (keymod which is the new trend), QMS trigger, RA new compensator, Raptor CH and BAD ambi safety selector!. So much upgraded parts rather than what you get in DD rifle.

As i said, that if iwere to choose between the two. Anyway you can't go wrong with DD or RA.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2014

3. wjjd57

wjjd57 New Member

I am leaning toward the RA because of all the extras. I do wish it has a NiB bolt carrier group though. The DD doesn't either though.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Firearms Talk mobile app

4. JonM

JonM Moderator

Two things. If your going accuracy route, rra varmint or match A4, if your looking for a ohsht goto zombie land bravo company.

I'm not a fan of non-chromed bore chamber on defensive ar15 builds.

I would go with a stripped bcm upper in the chf line up and put whatever furniture you wish.

If you your just wanting a wall hanger that looks cool then it really doesn't matter. My phylosophy is ergonomics and function over looks