decisions, decisions , decisions

Discussion in 'NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion' started by purehavoc, Feb 24, 2013.

1. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

This really doesnt belong in this forum but this is the best place for it
    The door has opened for a purchase opportunity for me, but Im having some what of a hard time making the decision . This should be a no brainer really .

Used SBR MP5 9mm very lightly used 200 rds at most or New SBR Kriss Vector .45 acp, ? Both of which are available for purchase to me from my local dealer next week but both of course will be a 6-7 months wait on the stamp. I have the money for one and I already own a Kriss Vector CQB so Im leaning very very had towards the MP5 .
    What would you all do ? :D

Last edited: Mar 6, 2013
  2. Quentin

Quentin New Member

I'd go with the MP5, especially since you'll no doubt shoot it a lot and 9mm is a lot cheaper than 45ACP. As you said, you already have a Kriss Vector.

3. canebrake

canebrake New Member

HK and don't look back!

4. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Yup its a done deal. MP 5 . I go to get the ball rolling tomorrow after work. I will get to take a few pics and shoot it at his place then it will get to sit a while or til I visit again. She sure is a beautiful piece or work

5. eatmydust

eatmydust New Member

Variety is the spice of life, however, system redundancy is also a good thing!

6. kbd512

kbd512 Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Between the two SBR's, the HK has lots of spare parts and magazines available, 9MM ammo is cheaper, and you'll be one of the few kids on the block with a MP5.

I'd rock the HK, but that's just me.

7. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Here she is I took a few pics of her at my dealers , now the wretched 6+ month wait on the stamp . :(

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. 1911love

1911love New Member

Looks great! Semi-auto right? What does an MP5K like that go for and from where?

9. orangello

orangello New Member

I can't read the letters on the safety lever; is that S for safe, F for full-auto, and ? for ??

Very cool, and some range action pics would be appreciated, though they might more truly belong in the Tail Trail.

10. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

Looks like "S, E, & F."
    If "S" is for safe and "F" is for fire, what the heck is "E" ?

11. GeneralPatton

GeneralPatton New Member

I overheard a couple fellas at the range tonight talking about H&K. Now I've never owned one, nor will I likely ever in the future, but the gripe they had from their personal experience was that H&K customer service sucks for the common man. Both the guys talking about it are LEO's, and have no issues at all when dealing with them through the department, but said on a personal level they made you feel more like an annoying little mosquito flying around their ear than a helpful "heavily accented" Indian running an American products RMA line,

12. kbd512

kbd512 Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

S - Sicher (safe)

E - Einzelfeuer (single)

F - Feuerstoß (automatic)

13. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Problem with the action shots is its not in my possession yet and if I want to shoot it I have to go to my dealers :( sad I know. . When it warms up and we start getting some decent weather I will go to his place and play and take some video and pics. Right now its a sloppy muddy mess here in IL. Stamp should arrive around my bday, damn that would be a great bday present :D

14. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Hate to hear that about any company. This thing is pretty simple and parts are readily available via the inet . Its used so I won't have a warranty any way. Hopefully I won't have any issues ;)

15. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

So then, how much was it?

16. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

$2,222,222.22

:)

17. ZeusEcho

ZeusEcho Member Lifetime Supporter

That looks awesome, it'll be worth the wait!

18. okdonk

okdonk New Member

I'm so jealous! Wonder how much it is.. $15K?
    Don't mean to hijack your thread but speaking of MP5, i was just thinking to cut and thread the barrel of my brand new H&K MP5 22lr so i can remove the fake silencer it came with. Then install my 9mm suppressor on it. Should i or shouldn't?

19. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

up to you man ,:D I found a guy in Texas that does a fabulous job cutting , rethreading and recrowning barrels . $50 and quick turn around.
    He is on Facebook by the way . Hwn Rohrbacher

20. okdonk

okdonk New Member

Dang that's cheap!! My LGS charged $75 just for threading alone. Thx!! I'll keep his name in mind then the time comes.
    Btw.. how much that MP5 costed you? Just approx..*wink*.