Decided to get another.. Input?

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by condition, Nov 20, 2012.

1. condition

condition New Member

Alright fellas, the time has come to treat myself to another purchase. This is where i'm going to need a little help. I am currently looking at two different handguns. Now this next purchase is more of a "but I want it" than a "but I need it".

I currently have my bases covered with carry, home defense, go to, and the like.

I am currently looking at the Glock 27, and the Sig 2022. Two different ends of the spectrum as far as what purpose it will serve i know.

The Glock reasons:
    I currentlty own a 23, and the 27 will play into this setup quite nicely. Mags, familiarity, reliability, versitility etc.

The Sig reasons:
    Dont currently own a Sig, always was a fan, broaden my horizons. Reliable, I like the size, and feel. Would purchase the 9mm version as I reload 9mm at the moment, so ammo would not be a problem.

2. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

What the heck...'tis the season...treat yourself to either. I have no preference between those two pistols.

3. TDS92A

TDS92A New Member Supporter

I am not a big fan or a fan at all for Glocks. Never have been. So I would recommend the Sig 2022. Looks nice, price is good. :D

4. okdonk

okdonk New Member

Had 2022 before and sold it. The size is bit bulkier than Glock and trigger feel isn't as my Glocks. Maybe it's just me.

5. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 Active Member

6. Byron0022

Byron0022 New Member

I'd go P229 or P226 if I was gonna grab a Sig, the P229 is awfully sweet.

7. rhyno13

rhyno13 New Member

I would choose a sig over a glock any day.

8. Doc3402

Doc3402 New Member

If it was me I would go with the Glock 33 in .357 Sig. Something Glock, something Sig. <grin>

I have a Glock 27, and I have fired the 2022 extensively. My personal preference is the 27 for the trigger pull.

9. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

IMO, I would go Sig over the Glock.
    I have to modify the frame of the Glock for me to shoot comfortably.

Who knows? Maybe a 1911 in the future?

10. TDS92A

TDS92A New Member Supporter

I was have suggested the 1911, but based on the OP's chosen weapons, I thought that the OP was looking for magazine capacity as well. :D

11. thefourthD

thefourthD New Member

From the reasons you stated I would go with the Sig. Branch out and have some fun. Like you said, this is an "I want gun" not an "I need gun".

12. condition

condition New Member

Yep its definitely an "I want".. I already have a 1911, so that role is taken. Leaning towards the Sig only because I dont have one (is that a bad excuse lol)

I will more than likely pick up the Glock 27 in the future so it can play into my Glock 23 (notice how I capitolize "G"!)
    Next thursday is D day so I will update with many many many many many many many pics

13. PeterLuger

PeterLuger New Member

I would also get the Sig. Think of it like this: when you get the glock home, you will know everything about it, its almost going to be a "meh"situation where you are all excited with it for the first 4 days, the you practically forget about it, since there is nothing new.
    Whereas with the sig, its a whole 'nother world, you're gonna want to discover everything about it, the trigger pull, accuracy, so I say go for the sig, its more worth it!

14. StainlessSteel215

StainlessSteel215 New Member

I like the familiarity and interchangeability from the 23 to the 27 personally.....and obviously you can use the G27 as a perfect CCW.

But, Sig is obviously an amazing company and Ive recently held the 2022 in 9mm. AMAZING feel to it and Ill go on a limb as say its extremely reliable just as we all expect from Sig.

Price point isnt really as issue as they both go for about $500 new.

15. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Well-Known Member

Sig +20

Sounds like you just want another handgun and you've pared it down to those two. No particular need being addressed. So...you already have a Glock, it's time to widen your horizons.