Decided it was time to get a .22

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by shadamai, Oct 8, 2011.

1. shadamai

shadamai New Member

Decided it was time to get a .22...

Can't wait to try it out at the range this week!

Attached Files:

2. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Is that one of the Walther/Umarex versions? Hope it works out well, let us know how it does. I have one of their Colt M4s that's been a lot of fun.

3. shadamai

shadamai New Member

Yes, it is. I will find out Monday or Tuesday, whichever day I can get to the range!

4. fatmidgets

fatmidgets New Member

Wow. NICE piece! I always love the look of a .22 1911. It's like being a kid again, but still kicking a*? :) wat did you pay for it?

5. shadamai

shadamai New Member

Thanks! Got to try it out today...it was fun to shoot. This was my first time shooting a .22 (I usually shoot a .45), but I will be taking this to the range often for practice. It was around $400.

6. fatmidgets

fatmidgets New Member

Oh I love .22s. They're Tons of fun at a fairly inexpensive price. I've shot a Ruger 22/45 with a red dot sight, and that thing was sweet! Tell me how she runs.

7. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Glad to hear it worked out well. Do the controls all work pretty much the same as a 1911? If so, this might be a good alternative to a conversion kit.

That was my reasoning for getting the Walther/Umarex/Colt M4 .22, though some controls do work differently. For me it came down to having a separate rifle not a dedicated conversion kit and for about the same money. I also liked that it said Colt and M4. Same goes for yours, "Colt" and "Government Model".

8. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Let us know how it does-
    Been thinking about one-
    BTW- I really feel for you guys that cant walk out your back door & shoot :rolleyes:

9. shadamai

shadamai New Member

A lot of things are like my 1911- it has the grip safety and thumb safety, which I like. The slide locks back once the magazine is empty and I don't have to do anything differently than my 1911 when shooting it. Obviously it is not centerfire, so the inside is a little different, and when I took it apart I realized that the barrel is fixed to the frame.

I came across this review online and it did a good job explaining about this gun, showing what it looks like inside, etc. The author knows a lot more than I do: :eek:

Colt Government 1911 .22LR - by Umarex USA - M1911.ORG E-zine

I enjoyed shooting it at the range and didn't have any issues with it at all. Since it is the first .22 I have tried, I can't compare it to any others.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2011
  10. shadamai

shadamai New Member

I'm jealous...I wish I could just walk out back.

11. CourtJester

CourtJester Well-Known Member

Those look pretty. I gave some serious thought to getting one of those today. I've got a slew of 22's though so I went with something different. That is on my next to get list though.

Congrats

12. shadamai

shadamai New Member

Thanks...what did you end up getting, if you don't mind me asking?

13. CourtJester

CourtJester Well-Known Member

A SA1911-A1. I've got a lot of 22 rifles and one hand gun so I got something different. 22's are fun to shoot and cheap as could be. I'll end up with one of those before too long I think. They're pretty nice.