December 7, 1941, "a date which will live in infamy"

Discussion in 'History' started by Bigcountry02, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

2. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

I'm watching Tora Tora Tora right now. It is definitely the best depiction of the events.

3. zaitsev44

zaitsev44 Active Member

I am watching Tora Tora Tors as well. This day will always be remembered. Being born on the anniversary of Pearl Harbor is the main thing that sparked my deep love for history.

4. 25-5

25-5 New Member

I have not seen any remembrances on the tube.:mad: So far it's just the Mandella whine.
    I'll have to check the History channel.

5. zaitsev44

zaitsev44 Active Member

The History Channel isn't playing anything, which is odd because usually them and the military show Pearl Harbor specials all day. But the Hatfields and McCoys is on History, which isn't a bad watch. But the Military Channel, Sundance Channel, and Turner Classic Movies are the only channels showing Pearl Harbor movies/specials.

6. jord1985

jord1985 New Member

Happy Birthday

7. JW357

JW357 New Member

Let us always remember the sacrifices made so that tyranny might be defeated.

Happy birthday.

8. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

Happy Birthday!

9. zaitsev44

zaitsev44 Active Member

Thank you all for the happy birthday wishes.

10. Jpohl

Jpohl New Member

Just last year we lost a neighbor who served in WWII. Died on Dec. 7th. We think he finally let go after a long battle. He was an awesome man and left me a book of his along with an army hat. "The stories of our war" which had his first hand experiences in it. Was very sad to see him go. On a better note, happy birthday from Ohio!

11. msup752

msup752 New Member

There is a MOH recipient buried near me. He died while helping his fellow sailors escape a sinking ship during the Pearl Harbor attack. I didn't go out in the cold this year to visit his grave.

There is a second MOH recipient buried in the same cemetery which is pretty uncommon outside or Arlington.