Debunking Magazine Capacity Limits.

Discussion in 'Firearms in the Media' started by Shade, Mar 7, 2013.

1. TDS92A

TDS92A New Member Supporter

Good information!

Thanks for the post!

2. GeneralPatton

GeneralPatton New Member

That's awesome. Like an additional 2 seconds would make anyone run directly at an active shooter.....

3. kfox75

kfox75 Well-Known Member Supporter

Good point. It wouldn't make me run to tackle them, but that 2 seconds is long enough for a properly trained person to use his or her own weapon to deliver 230 grains of instant act right. besides, only an individual with very little self respect or intelligence would try a direct charge. Hit them from behind or the side. It is a life or death situation, worry about being thought of as a bad azz afterwards.

I have said for years that magazine restrictions do NOT work. Every time i have taken an anti to the range to help them reverse their recto-cranial insertion, the group I shoot with runs timed demonstrations to show the new addicts (the usual end result of these range trips) how false the "facts" they have been fed are. The majority of the antis are simply misinformed. I am glad to see this video is out there, and I have just sent e-mails to some of my friends who are on the fence about mag. restrictions which included a link to this video. We will see what happens over the next few days. Thanks for sharing OP.

4. GeneralPatton

GeneralPatton New Member

I see the angle of your take on it, but I still don't see those 2 seconds making much difference. The best chance for a armed civilian to take out such a target is likely when he's still firing but in an alternate direction. That way most of his attention is drawn to his target. Almost like a tunnel vision complex. But the video is an excellent tool to show that simple dumb law changes will help no one. I posted the video on facebook so it could make the rounds

5. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

6. msup752

msup752 New Member

I like the demonstration but it would be better with more realistic reloads. I doubt a barrel would be in front of a mass shooter so drawing from pockets or mag holder would be better. Also, time it with the last shot fired and the slide open at reload. Mass shooters are unlikely to count their rounds so closely to reload so efficiently.
    Having said that, the time difference will be longer but not critical. Few people would be able to work through the stress and calculate an attack on the shooter before these dynamic and fast incidents are over.

7. Missouribound

Missouribound Well-Known Member

Every shooter who owns a gun with a magazine knows how quickly it can be changed and that this entire "magazine ban' discussion is pointless. Unfortunately it's those who are ignorant of the facts that seem to be the lawmakers. Think we can get any of them to watch this video.....quite unlikely. And if they did they would say it was staged, you know...something that they would do, alter the facts to make their point and keep therir agenda intact.

8. manta

manta Well-Known Member Supporter

I don't see why anyone would be surprised by the video its stating the obvious. I Have never understood why the anti-gun people in America have focused on mag cap. Even in the uk with all its strict gun controls mag cap has never being a issue.

9. Doc3402

Doc3402 New Member

You have no idea how badly I was hoping this would never come out. Now there will be a move on to ban auto-loading pistols and rifles altogether. If they ever see how fast a well practiced revolver shooter can reload they'll be wanting to put us back to muskets before you know it.

10. GeneralPatton

GeneralPatton New Member

I've seen shooters with speed loaders that can reload a six gun just as fast.

11. SB777

SB777 New Member

Don't be shocked but one Connecticut legislature already proposed a new law restriction limit to one round on the basis that it was the common firearm at the time the Constitution and Bill of Rights were created. His proposed law will probably not get enacted in this current year but demonstrates some of the politicians on steroids in the current anti gun frenzie.

12. 4sig

4sig New Member

The gun grabbers don't know guns, don't like guns and naively believe that if they take them away from legal gun owners that gun problems will go away. Most have never handled a gun and don't realize how safety conscious about safety most gun owners are. And they don't care. They want to force us to give up guns but how would they like it if we had the ambition to force them to carry guns. At the end of the day since we leave them alone they should leave us alone. They should be arrested for imposing on our 2nd amendment right

13. therewolf

therewolf New Member

IMO, mag caps have nothing to do with it.

We need to eliminate gun-free zones, and monitor

mental defectives.

If we can send just a couple more to DC, think how much

safer "our children" would be...

14. GeneralPatton

GeneralPatton New Member

Oh and by the way, here's a guy who basically eliminates the need for anything other than a revolver, and he can load it as fast as we can swap mags out.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTHc4H_i8DY This guy is amazingly fast, and a World Champion I believe

15. Doc3402

Doc3402 New Member

I didn't watch the video, mainly because of his championship status. The true test is what can the average shooter do.

Back in my younger days I don't think there was a LEO around that couldn't accurately fire 12 rounds from a revolver in less than 15 seconds. Many of us were going under 1 second per round including the reload, and this was long before the speed-loader became common. It's all in the muscle memory and the willingness to practice.

16. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

Thats why u gotta watch it Doc. Its not the champion that drives home the point, its the 35ish young woman "Cristy" that does it best. While both shooters had differential times due to marksmanship capabilities, the test was when they were using Hi cap V low cap and the times were very little difference.

Heres the Rub, were supposed to call 911, wait a minimum of 15 minutes and maybe an hour for help and defend ourselves with "Their choice" of weapon not ours. If 2 criminals with 2 ileagal weapons break into my house while im sleeping, Andy says Ive got to wake up and shoot my 7 shots sniper style perfectly or my family dies! Then they tell us they will make things safer by forcing the shooter to reload more often which adds about 3 seconds in 30 rounds! 15 minutes for help and maybe 3 seconds longer to live, that just sucks if you ask me!

17. customammo72

customammo72 New Member

Training..

All it really takes is training, no matter what size mag you have or how many rounds your revolver holds, all you have to do is train yourself for the fast reloading..... that was one of the main things I was taught in the military, how to reload as fast as you can under fire/stress and all that..... there are lots of people who have it engrained into them how to reload quickly under stress, etc.

18. Doc3402

Doc3402 New Member

To this day, some 40 years later, I still carry ammo in my right front pocket. It's how I was trained, it's how I practiced, and it seems to be a reflex to reach there during rapid fire. Whether it's a loaded magazine or loose rounds for my revolver, the right front pocket is my primary storage space. You want to know the funny part? I absolutely hate the idiots that trained us this way.

19. steadyshot

steadyshot New Member

Hmmm, that story sounds political. My thread was deleted by a mod for what he said was the "political nature" of the subject.

However, it wasn't said to me in a very nice way.....