Deals at the gun show

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by sweeper22, Feb 12, 2011.

1. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

Went to the local bi-annual show this morning...now I just have to figure out how much I want to spend when I go back tomorrow. I was shopping for a Buckmark or Ruger rimfire, as I don't have a dedicated 22lr pistol, but of course all these other deals start creeping in.

What are the thoughts on these prices for a couple guns I want more than need:

Both are 9mms and appear to be in gently used condition-

BHP Practical $499
    Sig P228 $499

2. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Both are good prices given the condition of the guns are good.

I haven't seen a $500 High-Power in a long time. If you don't have one you will not be disappointed!

[​IMG]

3. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

I actually really like the look of the bi-tone BHP, and the price is right. My only hesitation is that I already have a steel 9mm (CZ 75b) that feels a little better in my hand to be honest. The sight post height on the BHP is a little different too. But a Hi-Power has been on my wish list for a while now, and I suppose I'd have an easy enough time moving it along if I ever tired of it.

The other gun that really caught my eye was a beautiful bi-tone P220 with the fancy wood grips that Sigs wear so well. $800 (new). More a case of a gun I'm lusting after than an actual great deal there. Hmm...maybe I'll have to bring a little trade bait along with me tomorrow.

4. tekarra

tekarra New Member

I would be very tempted by the HP.

5. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Sigs are nice, but a Hi Power is a Browning. :cool:

Or else just get that .22 you're thinking about and keep it simple.

6. M14sRock

M14sRock Active Member

No brainer. Hi Power, for the win.

7. NGIB

NGIB New Member

While a High Power is indeed a classic, the Sig P228 is one of the finest 9mm guns ever made. It took me a while to find one as folks that have them don't part with them...

8. Ubergopher

Ubergopher New Member

Yep. I've been lookin' off an on for a while at the local gun shops 'fore I PCSed. I'll start looking even harder when I get up to AK.

9. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

Well, I did it. I chose the BHP over the P228. I think I'd have been happy either way. I ended up trading a 2006 XD45 (great gun- but uttery common and replaceable...and I've got an XDm45) and $150 for the BHP. Two mags each way.

Here's what it looks like (pics shamelessly jacked from the web):

[​IMG]

I need to get the kinks worked out on my digital camera and get some picks up. Maybe I'll do a side-by-side range review of my two "wonder nines", the BHP and CZ 75b.

Here's my lust gun from the show, a Sig P220SAS. As easy as this is on the eyes, it felt just that perfect in the hand. It was $800, which seemed fair. But I knew I'd have probably gotten all stressed out trying to keep it looking flawless. Some day...

[​IMG]

If you're a Sig guy (NGIB), you've really gotta hold one of these things. So smooth.

10. HKSlinger

HKSlinger Member

HPs are just plain SEXY. :D

11. canebrake

canebrake New Member

12. USEBOTHHANDS

USEBOTHHANDS New Member

that sum b!tch is just plain GEEEE - ORGEOUS!

13. ballfan4141

ballfan4141 New Member

at guns shows can u get guns without a background check?

14. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

Depends on state laws. But yeah, most gun shows I see will have a table or two and a TON of people selling in and around the show.