Firearms Talk banner

41 - 42 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,094 Posts
My sister's barn had a bad mouse/rat problem. I first went over with a bb gun, but after the critters learned what the sound of bbs rolling around in the tube was I switched to the .22 loaded with snakeshot. I had myself a pretty nice shooting gallery. I got kind of mad at her when she called in an exterminator. I was having a blast while it lasted.
Edit: those little suckers were mean, I swear they'd rush you if you spooked them, also a red flashlight seemed to work best at illuminating them without sending them into hiding.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
My sister's barn had a bad mouse/rat problem. I first went over with a bb gun, but after the critters learned what the sound of bbs rolling around in the tube was I switched to the .22 loaded with snake shot. I had myself a pretty nice shooting gallery. I got kind of mad at her when she called in an exterminator. I was having a blast while it lasted.
Edit: those little suckers were mean, I swear they'd rush you if you spooked them, also a red flashlight seemed to work best at illuminating them without sending them into hiding.
I cleared out the muse problem, at our former home with a .22 and rat or snake shot. Range wasn't over 20 ft. Little Browning lever action with .22 CB caps handled the further out.
At our home now after we mvoed in we heard a big rat chewing on the sill. Very loud actually there were several. filled our heat pumps duct systems full of branches with berries and leaves. The lived in the woods. I went into the basement. and there he was all two or three pounds of him sitting up n the sill plate acting civil as if H,i how you doing. Had to use large sticky traps. got one and threw it into the yard and shot it with a .22. Another one manged t get off the trap and out a hole. They had chewed holes in the treated sill plate and concrete blocks. Filed them with foam and they hate that.
I swear that rat looked and acted for all the world that he was glad to meet me. We have some rare rodents that are rat like.here and I try not to shoot them.Mr Bob will proabley get them though.

41 - 42 of 42 Posts