Deadliest Warrior

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by skullcrusher, Apr 28, 2009.

1. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Pirate vs Knight tonight. On Spike right now. I am not a fan of this match up.

Are they running this like a tournament? I mean can Spartan meet Apache in the finals??

2. dnthmn2004

dnthmn2004 New Member

I am so mad that they didn't do pirate vs ninja. Thats the way it should have been.

3. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Dan, I saw your pic of the ninja v pirate (I wonder if they wanted to stay away from copywrite probs) and I thought it was funny. What I do wanna know is if this is a tourney type deal. Is there an end to this deal? Software guy is making a lode, I hope. :)

4. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Their tests are flawed, but I enjoy watching their weapons in action. The pigs are getting messed up,lol!!

Stupid pirates and their flintlocks....I like how the guys do the best they can to build their guy up. "NO ONE CAN BEAT THE SPARTANS!!!"" lol

Samurai for the win!!

5. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

I've been looking for flaws in testing, but I realize that the software needs hard data. The biggest flaw is in the matching of warriors from a wide time span. The fact is that each warrior of their time adapted to their opponents in order to be successful.

Didn't the samurai lose?

6. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

On those lines, next week is Jap mafia v Italian mafia. That is a closer match up than anything they have done so far.

7. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

"That's what happens when you bring a knife to a gunfight."

8. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

The samurai killed the viking. "The only one that beat a samurai is another samurai." Unless you bring firearms into it.

I knew the pirate would win, he has bombs and guns!!!

9. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

I do remember now, brian. Thanks.

That is where I see the flaw. Technology wins one-on-one.

Still, the pirate is about self preservation while the knight is about something larger than himself.

I wanna see Apache v Samurai.

10. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

When do Shaolin Monks come into this?

11. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

12. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

LOL, they were peaceful not warriors.....unless provoked.

How about Al Quida? Just strap on a bomb and run into a crowd. In their eyes they win. :eek:

13. dnthmn2004

dnthmn2004 New Member

Wow, kinda pissed about last nights episode. I never once saw the pirate take the 30 seconds to a minute to reload his pistol. So he must have been carrying 4 with him at all times??! I'm calling shenanigans.

14. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Anybody recall watching Shogun? Ninjas trying to hack thru the door, Onji-san busy reloading his pistol, bullet thru the door, reloading, reloading, bullet thru the door, reloading, reloading, etc. ONLY time I can remember EVER seeing anybody reloading in battle!

How about British Infantry vs Zulu warrior? Oh- right- that has already been done- Islwanda, and a rematch at Rourke's Drift......

Or Bushido vs US Army Air Corps? I'll see your Zero, and raise you a B-29....

15. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

With you there. I saw two, figured he was done, and a third comes out of nowhere. I'm suprised he could run at all with all the hardware and a treasure chest to boot.

16. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

During the show, they showed how a pirate would have 3-4 pistols loaded and tied together lanyard style so he could take multiple shots without having to reload.

17. BudW

BudW New Member

I would take Knight in that one minus gun play.

18. dnthmn2004

dnthmn2004 New Member

Missed that part.

I think they should at least pick warriors from similar time periods. Technology was the biggest factor in that fight.

19. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Anybody catch this week's episode between the Yakuza and the Mafia?

Was anybody else NOT SURPISED at the firearms tests?? LOL

Hmmmm, Thompson .45 Sub Gun ( 50 round drum ) versus the British Sten 9mm ( 30 round clip )

German P-38 Luger versus a sawed off double barrel 12 guage at the same distance.

I WAS surprised at the nunchaku versus the baseball bat though. But that dude swinging the bat was a Big Ginny. :D

JD

20. chopkick

chopkick New Member

Next weeks episode is Green Berets vs. Spetsnaz. Should be pretty good.

John Wayne FTW!