Dead squirrel beer

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by zhuk, Sep 7, 2010.

1. zhuk

zhuk New Member

Where else but Scotland would come up with such a concept you have to ask...and this limited edition sold out :p

The End of History: A 55% ABV Beer Packaged in a Dead Squirrel

[​IMG]

Germany may have beaten England at the World Cup, but English brewers have taken their revenge, reclaiming the title of Most Potent Beer in the World. The British champions are Martin and James, a pair of twenty-something Englishmen who had a dream. In 2007, part of that dream became a reality when they launched their own Brewery and called it BrewDog. But that dream was both more ambitious and, well, stranger than most would have guessed. Their latest move is the most potent beer in the world—The End of Times —which they stuffed into a dead rodent.

BrewDog first held the title of Strongest Breweries with their Tactical Nuclear Penguin, a 32% ABV Imperial Stout that toppled German brewer Schorschbräu Schorschbock. But the Germans weren’t done, and came out with a 39% Eisbock. BrewDog responded with Sink the Bismark!, an Imperial IPA at 41%. Schorschbräu retaliated by bumping theirs up to 43%. But now The End of History seems to have settled the score, and done in style—at least if you’re into fur.

Only 12 bottles have been made, and each one is presented in a stuffed stoat or gray squirrel—roadkill stuffed by a local taxidermist. It’s also the end of the Beer War, at least from the English side. “The beer is the last high ABV beer we are going to brew,” according to the breweries’ website, “the end point of our research into how far the can push the boundaries of extreme brewing, the end of beer.”

The End of History: A 55% ABV Beer Packaged in a Dead Squirrel

Brewdog: The End of History

Even though this site appears not to be able to tell the difference between England/Scotland...which is cause enough for a re-starting of the Anglo-Celtic Wars :rolleyes:

Dunno if I could see a 'dead wombat roadkill' beer taking off here though...although the extended volume capacity would suit the locals :D

Nice to be back online after a post-election hard drive meltdown!

Last edited: Sep 7, 2010
  2. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

Squirrel beer..It's just.....nuts..there..I said it..:D

3. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

I guess you can do something with roadkill besides eat it.....who knew?

4. AcidFlashGordon

AcidFlashGordon New Member

I don't think they'll be using this squirrel as their beer "holder" though....

[​IMG]

5. FMtango

FMtango New Member

Heres a cheer for jolly Old England !!!

6. notdku

notdku Administrator Staff Member

I wish more things came covered in dead animals.

7. CGO

CGO New Member

I don't think I would want to take a drink of beer and have a dead critter staring me in the eye...LOL

8. orangello

orangello New Member

I'm thinking, "expensive strippers". :D

9. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Who comes up with these ideas? :eek::eek:

10. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

The same kind of people that want to post pictures of their crap on the internet.

11. zhuk

zhuk New Member

Could be a handy pouch for your beer nuts though lol

12. AcidFlashGordon

AcidFlashGordon New Member

[​IMG]

Beer nuts........I'm dyin' here.......:D

13. notdku

notdku Administrator Staff Member

Why?

I see that as a betterment.

Geniuses.