Dead Like Me

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by notdku, Mar 10, 2009.

1. notdku

notdku Administrator Staff Member

So pretty random but I think Dill posted a picture of the creatures in Dead Like Me. So I Googled the show and read the Wiki. Never heard of it. I go into Netflix and see I can watch it online. Just watched both Seasons this week. Really well done show!

2. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Yeah, that was one cool show. I really like the character of Rube. That guy was awesome. Did you see the one where he is in a REALLY long line at the post office and some lady comes in and tries to cut in line? Completely Awesome!!

Oh yeah - and screw you Gravelings!!

JD

3. orangello

orangello New Member

I loved that show. I think IMDB said something about a tv movie or something coming out. That George chick is a cutie with her perma-pout.

4. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

You know, there was something that was unconventional about her beauty, but Mrs. JD and I said the same thing, she is kind of a little cutie. I haven't seen anything else with her in it though... I never really checked, but I just haven't seen her as a random cast member anywhere else.

There was some good writing on that show though. I really enjoyed and was bummed when it got cancelled...

5. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

That show was great until Mandy Patinkin (Rube) walked out on the show. When he walked out they canceled it. He did the same thing on Criminal Minds. He just up and leaves. I can't stand that A-hole more for Dead Like me than criminal minds he did that show a favor by taking his ignorant azz and leaving.

6. notdku

Netflix missed like 6 episodes so I didn't see the Post Office scene. Haven't seen the movie yet.

George is ok but Daisy is hot!

7. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Now My favorite was the meter maid. She was my kind of lady always on the verge of going nuts and ripping some poor dudes soul right out of his body (Which she did in one episode).

Rube: [to George] You're a constipator, Peanut. You disturb my ****, and that's annoying.

Rube in Post office line.

Rube: [to a hurried woman who sees an acquaintance in line at the post office and moves in line next to her] I have a question for you... is everyone in this line an *******?
    Woman in Post Office: Excuse me?
    Rube: Is everyone you just cut in front of an *******?
    Woman in Post Office: No.
    Rube: So it's just you then?
    Woman in Post Office: I have children in the car.
    Rube: I have a cake in the oven.
    [pointing]
    Rube: He's got three minutes left on the meter. And she's got a lunch meeting. We all have a finite amount of time. Now get in the back of the line. And don't use your children like that - it's shameful.

That show had some good writing.

George: I'd say I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not. I excel at not giving a ****. Experience has taught me that interest begets expectation, and expectation beget disappointment, so the key to avoiding disappointment is to avoid interest. A equals B equals C Equals A, or whatever. I also don't have a lot of interest in being a good person or a bad person. From what I can tell, either way, you're screwed. Bad people are punished by society's laws, and good people are punished by Murphy's Law. So you see my dilemma.

Last edited: May 28, 2009
  8. user4

user4 New Member

I loved that series. One of the few homeruns Showtime did back then. Had no idea Mandy effed it up though. Bastage.

9. notdku

Still some episodes I haven't watched since Netflix only has so many.

It's a show that really stays with me for some reason. Writing was excellent but the imagery and dark humor of it is really captivating.

10. orangello

orangello New Member

So, would it technically be necrophilia to slip Georgia a roofiecolada? ;) She's undead, not technically "dead".

11. user4

user4 New Member

I was glad they got rid of Gabby for the blond. Better character.

12. AcidFlashGordon

AcidFlashGordon New Member

I saw her on one of the Law and Order shows. It took me a minute to realize that it was her they were questioning in the interview room.

I've got both seasons on DVD and occasionally sit down and just have a Dead Like Me marathon of my own.

[​IMG]

13. gregs887

gregs887 New Member

I was addicted when I saw the first episode. Something about a show based on a girl getting hit in the head with a toilet seat from outer space makes me happy. Love it!

14. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

This is one of my favorite scens in the show right there

Der Patty Melt.
    TV-MA on this clip....
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYCTVlxVx0I]YouTube - Dead Like Me - Patty Melt[/ame]