De Facto Gun Control

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by Threetango, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Threetango

Threetango Audentes Fortuna Iuvat Supporter

2. opaww

opaww New Member

From what it feels like right now we got more to worry about from state and local governing bodies trying to restrict our rights then we have fears of the feds doing a lot of things. But this is not out of the question with the feds and I would not put it past them to do just this.

3. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

I agree 100%. Unless SCOTUS acts to incorporate the 2A the states can do more to infringe than the feds can.

4. 70cuda383

70cuda383 New Member

someone said that the new buying spree by the government was because the previous ammo contracts had run out and it was time to renew said contracts and buy more ammo.

anyone know any real insight to this?

do we have any members who ARE law enforcement officers at local, state, or federal levels?

I had heard that the military was increasing it's periodic qualifications and eating up more ammo stateside. If this is true on the USAF side, I can tell you that it's about damn time, becuase for the last 10 years, they've had a "just in time" training mentality, where you could have some career fields that would go 2 or 3 years without deploying to an actual hot zone especially when you consider that the support structure for a lot of the heavy cargo aircraft, long range bomber aircraft etc. would be stationed in locations that were outside of combat zones.

I know too many dead people because of this idiotic and retarded practice of "saving time by eliminating wasteful training until just before it's needed" and we send people into war zones having only fired 30 practice rounds in 5 years, and then expect them to drive around in convoys and work side by side with Afghans and Iraqi's who are known to turn their US Issues weapons against the advisors that gave them the guns.

so on that token, If the military IS suddenly eating more ammo to train our men and women going into harms way, I'm all for it, even if it means that I have to wait a few months before I can buy ammo at wal-mart again. (I don't know if that's the case because I'm out now, but I can say that in my last few years in, they were pushing for more and more "just in time" training, where you don't get any of the combat skills refreshers while stateside, until a month before you deploy, and we're sending IT techs, Finance personnel, Supply troops, etc. into combat zones with minimal training)

Maybe I'm naive, but I just don't buy into the whole "evil government, out to get you, turn us into a 3rd world country with military rule" conspiracies I keep hearing and reading about on the 'net.

5. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

6. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

You have some research to do. The military is getting more cuts. The soldiers are getting less ammo. The government ammo contracts are increasing and DHS and social security etc. are the ones getting the ammo.

7. locutus

And whadda ya think they'll do with it??

Does homeland security have enough "troops" to take on the public and the military???

8. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Maybe I misunderstood the purpose of your quote but I can tell you for damn sure the military is not and has never been ,in the entire history of mankind, the best defense against a tyrannical government.

9. locutus

I can tell you without doubt that there has never in history been a military like the U.S. military. :)

These folks are our sons, brothers, fathers, daughters, sisters, neighbors, and fellow Americans.

10. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

The government is also buying up body bags and coffins.

11. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

I don't doubt the hearts of 90% of our soldiers. My buddy was part of the clean up in Katrina. He was given the order to confiscate guns and he refused. He was stuck pulling dead bodies out of the water for a month as punishment. Not all of our soldiers will refuse the order.

12. rocshaman

rocshaman New Member

DHS has around 200,000 employees and I'm fairly certain a large percentage of those people are office employees, both men and women, secretaries, management etc. That would leave a substantially lesser amount of their work force that are "field agents", most likely a third at best. This chart is sort of interesting on the structure of the DHS and it's child agencies.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Homeland-security-orgchart-2008-07-17.png

Last edited: Feb 6, 2013
  13. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

I know many Border Patrol and ICE Agents. These fellows are far and away more patriotic than many civilians. They are most all veterans and largely USMC.
    I don't think they are to blame for the train wreck in Washington. The American voter has to bear that load. They are under fire from rifles provided by Obama and Holder. Now there is a "Plot".:eek:

14. TDS92A

TDS92A New Member Supporter

And if they get overly stupid, I will provide fillers for said objects. ;)

15. orangello

orangello New Member

'Cause "sack race zombie" and "zombie in a box" is less scary than free-range zombie. At least they are addressing the zombie threat.

16. Threetango

Threetango Audentes Fortuna Iuvat Supporter

:D

[​IMG]

17. eldarbeast

eldarbeast New Member

I agree with the first three words of your last paragraph. You, locutus, 70cuda383, and nitestalker are naive.

Most of the necessary implements to sunder the rights of the Citizens of the US are already in place.

All it needs is one event to set it in motion.

eldar

Last edited: Feb 7, 2013
  18. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 New Member

Not sure at this point if I buy the reasoning but will keep watch and an open mind.

19. 70cuda383

70cuda383 New Member

Good thing you have your tin foil hat then, huh! :D

20. eldarbeast

eldarbeast New Member

That event is when the 'progressive liberals' take over control of the congress from the republicans in less than two years while maintaining control of the senate and white house.

eldar

PS Tin foil clashes with my grey hair.