DC: empty brass is considered ammo

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by JWagner, Sep 5, 2013.

1. JWagner

JWagner New Member

2. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

That discourages recycling.
    Who takes spent shell casings on vacation to Washington? :confused:

3. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

It is unlawful in the state of Massachusetts to possess brass without an ltc. If I'm not mistaken it can carry jail time, may be a felony.

4. JWagner

JWagner New Member

I am thinking that residents of gun-friendly states near DC might travel through DC and get stopped. I would not give a thought to looking in my car for a dropped casing after a session of shooting in the desert.

5. vincent

vincent New Member

Makes sense...In DC, empty heads are considered lawmakers...:rolleyes:

6. FrontierTCB

FrontierTCB Active Member

Buddy of mine has twin boys (think they were about 11 at the time). Had them helping him pick up brass at the range one evening after shooting his AR. Next day he gets a call to come to pick one of them up from school.

An empty casing had been left in the kids pocket and came right out with his lunch money. Suspended 3 days for "Possession of a weapon".
    My buddy tried to reason with the principal but no go, "zero tolerance". This was even in a relatively rural school district.

7. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

I read this also. I also read a comment on a thread about it stating that a brass candleholder is more dangerous than used brass casings.

8. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

Better yet! Who in their right would want to go to Washington, D.C.?

Wall off that city! Not worth visiting anymore!

9. 1911love

1911love New Member

This is the type of BS that is going to push people too far. It's almost like DC is trying to start an uprising. Disgusting.

10. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

I was gonna say something along those lines!

The whole idea an empty shell case could get you a felony conviction unless you emptied it shooting at someone is nuts! Every day we hear more "stupidness" bubbling to the top of the cesspool....

11. Hawkeye3030

Hawkeye3030 New Member

Zero tolerance is educationese for I don't have reason or think.

12. orangello

orangello New Member

Good thing I don't plan on going to DC; that would be one more thing to check my car for.

13. JonM

JonM Moderator

thats why i prolly shouldnt have kids.

if i had that happen i would dump a pocketful on that retards desk and get arrested for punching him in the nose....

i would never make the 12 years for the kiddo going through school without spending half of it in jail. i just dont tolerate liberal idiocy very well.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2013
  14. orangello

orangello New Member

Remember that scene in Uncle Buck when John Candy's character told the principal to "take this quarter and go downtown and pay a rat to chew that thing off your face"?

15. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

What is a "ltc"?

16. vincent

vincent New Member

License To Carry

17. armsmaster270

armsmaster270 New Member

Or saving, let the Taliban nuke it.

18. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

What? You need a license to carry in Mass to possess SPENT casings? If I didn't work there (and hopefully soon I won't) I'd never go there......

19. Daoust_Nat

Daoust_Nat Well-Known Member Supporter

While shooting at an indoor range, I have had casings go into shirt and pants pockets. A couple have not been found until in the washing machine. It would be real easy to violate that law. How come no one has challanged it?

20. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

"Zero Tolerance" = Zero Brain Required.

I would raise so much hell they would give my 4th grader a high school diploma just to make me go away. I would make it a point to monkey wrench that district so badly they would regret EVER hearing my name.