Dayton Area Members

Discussion in 'Ohio Gun Forum' started by Mick3411, Feb 17, 2012.

1. Mick3411

Mick3411 New Member

Any one from Dayton area? I am a member of Miami Valley Shooting Grounds.

Mick

2. rjd3282

rjd3282 New Member

I'm from Lima but at the moment won't be back for awhile. Hopefully before summer gets here I'll be back.

3. j4cub

j4cub New Member

I'm in Beavercreek and a member of Greene County Fish and Game.

4. mtbfarms

mtbfarms New Member

I can hear you shootin at fish & game

5. Mick3411

Mick3411 New Member

Great day today. Went the the range and shot both my STI and my "new" Mosin. Beautiful weather, good friends and I shot better than usual. The Mosin is just incredible, very accurate. A buddy just bought a custom shop Kimber and that is an absolute tack driver. Saw Rick Santorum this morning and am more convinced that he is the candidate I will support.

6. beaglesam

beaglesam Active Member

I live in the Dayton area and belong to Miami Valley Shooting Grounds.

7. beaglesam

beaglesam Active Member

Are they taking new members?

8. j4cub

j4cub New Member

Fish and Game only take on new members in January. They have a day where people who want to join coime in, fill out an application and go through a short interview. Then, sometime in Feb they will announce who the new members are. I have never seen it where the membership isn't full.

9. Catfish

Catfish New Member

I live up by Sidney also.

10. JoeFromSidney

JoeFromSidney New Member

Catfish: are you a member of the Deer Hunters?

11. kem1139

kem1139 New Member

I'm in Chillicothe, oh which is about an hour away. I'd love to find a club to join locally to be able to shoot with other enthusiast!

12. j4cub

j4cub New Member

kem1139,

Have you looked at Pickaway County Sportsmen in Circlevlle? I'm guessing it's about 30 miles from you and they have a pretty active club.

13. kem1139

kem1139 New Member

Yea I found them a month or so ago, I didn't realize they even had a club in this area but its probably the one I'll end up going to. I checked with them just got an email back from them that they still have about 50 memberships available for this year so I'll have to get on it soon if I wanna spot.

14. Mick3411

Mick3411 New Member

Had a chance to check out this store today - very nice! It will be a great addition to our neighborhood.

15. I am in Troy area. Just moved back home from AZ. Out there you can go 10 min any direction and shot, Here i can find anywhere to go lol.

16. Mick3411

Mick3411 New Member

There are several places not too far from you. Piqua Fish and Game, Vandalia Tactical (inside pistol and rifle) and Miami Valley Shooting Grounds (Inside Pistol and outside rifle and pistol). Piqua has Cowboy action events. Miami Valley has tactical shooting events every Tuesday.

Check em out and enjoy!

Mick

17. Biohazard2

Biohazard2 Member

Mick, when you say that MVSG has tactical shooting, you mean pistols, not rifles, correct?

18. Mick3411

Mick3411 New Member

As long as the weather is reasonable and they are shooting outside, the tactical shoot on Tuesday includes pistols, rifles and sometimes shotguns. When they move indoors, it is all pistols. It is really a well done activity and a lot of fun. I do admit that I havent been there in a while, but that has been mostly because of working on the election.

19. Saltine

Saltine New Member

I live in Moraine, less than 5 min from Sim-Trainer. I still have never stepped foot in it. I prefer to shoot outdoors regardless of temperature.