Day the sky turned brown: 3,000ft high dust cloud rolls across Arizona AGAIN!

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Bigcountry02, Jul 19, 2011.

1. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

FYI! Another sand-out storm!

Arizona dust storm: 3,000ft high cloud turns sky brown | Mail Online

The National Weather Service office in Phoenix called the dust storm 'very large and historic', in a statement posted on its website, describing the blow as an 'impressive event'.

Weather officials say haboobs only happen in Arizona, the Sahara desert and parts of the Middle East because of dry conditions and large amounts of sand.

Pollution levels skyrocket during dust storms and create even more breathing problems for people with asthma and other similar conditions.

The dust also brings increases in a disease known as Valley Fever, a fungal pneumonia.

Valley Fever thrives in the hot and arid south-west in dirt found just a few feet beneath the earth's surface; it can be stirred up by construction, wind and other activity.

A few pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

The end of the world is near.

3. knfxda

knfxda New Member

Frikin' Obama!

:D

4. cddbrowns

cddbrowns New Member

Actually, that would be Pelosi......

[​IMG]

5. Dennis845

Dennis845 New Member

Darn Democrats! They always want to spend, now it's sand.

6. knfxda

knfxda New Member

HA! Good one! :p

7. NitroxAZ

NitroxAZ New Member

I am surprised to have seen another "Haboob" so soon on the heels of the bigger one. We used to get ones like the one that made news a couple of weeks ago more often. They don't happen as often as they used to.

8. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

I guess the Airfilter on your car is ..NASTY.......after one of those storms....

9. armoredman

armoredman Active Member

Lived in this state well over 40 years, and I have NEVER EVER heard it called a frickin' "HABOOB" before! Maybe in the Middle East it's a "haboob", but here it's a DUST STORM! If the media types wanna call it by an Arabic name, they can go to Iraq! Egads.
    Yes, the first and second ones swept right over me, sky went dark, couldn't see the road from the front window, couldn't see the back wall of the back yard. Very glad to not have been driving during those conditions.

10. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

OK Good AIR in bad AIR out.AIR in bad AIR out.AIR in bad AIR out.AIR in bad AIR out.AIR in bad AIR out.AIR in bad AIR out.AIR in bad AIR out.AIR in bad AIR out.AIR in bad AIR out.AIR in bad AIR out.AIR in bad AIR out.AIR in bad AIR out.

Relax an drink a beer or smoke a joint or something. Man it is just a word no need to go all red faced HULK on us.

If you want to get technical about it habob is English it is هبوب in Arabic.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2011
  11. NitroxAZ

NitroxAZ New Member

Chill out dude! I was using the word because I thought it was a funny term. The term fits whether or not you are here in the USA or the middle east. Much the same as if you as an American were to go to the middle east and refer to the haboobs as dust storms. What would you think of someone in the middle east getting all angry about an American using the term dust storm?

But just maybe I am a secret plant just trying to "Islamify" this forum:rolleyes:

12. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

As-Salāmu `Alaykum my brother welcome I thought I was the only one.

ديث طه أل أمريكان بعجز ذر إس اونلي أن ترو جود عند ذات إس الله. ديث طه أل ث ينيفاديلس نفضل

13. armoredman

armoredman Active Member

Thanks, but I'll skip the invite to do illegal activites to relax. Have a nice day.

14. knfxda

knfxda New Member

Huh?

[​IMG]

15. NitroxAZ

NitroxAZ New Member

Tango's post on previous page.