David Spade gives $ to Phoenix P.D.

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by supergus, Dec 23, 2008.

1. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

2. Mark F

Mark F New Member Supporter

I always thought of him as a turd with peach fuzz. But, that was a super fine jesture on his part. You think they'll over look those parking tickets now???

3. hillbilly68

hillbilly68 New Member

Joe Dirt comes through again! Good for him.

4. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

Wow, he just moved up a notch in my book. Well, actually 50 notches. Glad to see that SOMEONE in Hollywood has a little common sense and is on our side, that is the Pro-gun side.

5. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

$100,000 for 50 AR's? Are they gold plated? Agency price is about $700 each. They could get 100 for that price plus EO Tech's for the lot.

6. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I am betting someone gave him a quote based on market value currently and he stroked a check. Good the cops though - put the extra money towards training and more ammo.

JD

7. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

That is cool and all but isn't that a straw purchase? I mean he is giving money to another person to buy firearms and give to someone else. How does he know that the police that are getting the firearms are god police officers?

To me I see this as a straw purchase.

8. supergus

supergus New Member

Nope. The 100k was actually a donation to the Phoenix Police Foundation which is a non profit org. I do agree though, they could buy a hell of a lot more rifles than 50. Their goal is 300. Safe to bet they'll reach that goal pretty quick. BTW he gave 25k last year to the family of a slain Phoenix officer, and he also gave 10k to an animal shelter. I like him more and more.
    (He did play great roles opposite Chris Farley though:D)

9. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Okay, I will give you that. He was awesome in Black Sheep.

"Are you, or are you not, the Black Angel of Death?" LOL

10. sgtdeath66

sgtdeath66 New Member

i always thought he was cool, i mean hes not the funniest comedian out there but the guy has heart dang it

11. jeepcreep927

jeepcreep927 New Member

I suppose any dude that got to shack up with Heather Locklear earns a few points with me. After this I guess he can't be all bad...

12. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight New Member

Wow, good for him!

I've never looked into his political views, but this is extremely rare for a Hollywood celeb.

I imagine that many of his more spineless peers are now going to do all they can to try to keep him out of work.

13. Bigcat_hunter

Bigcat_hunter New Member

Wow. He must not live in California.