David Carradine Dies at Age 72

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by user4, Jun 4, 2009.

1. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

The master has gone to the golden dojo in the sky.

He led a wild life, and I'm sad to see him go.

RIP, Mr. Carradine.

2. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

[​IMG]

Sleep well Grasshopper!

Last edited: Jun 4, 2009
  3. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

I tend not to let media-entertainment have an effect on me, but this guy literally shaped my life.

I was about 7 when I saw Kung Fu, and I thought it was the most magical thing in the world. Got the DVDs, and still watch them to this day.

To any young kid growing up in the 70's, he was the epitome of cool.

Rest peacefully, Grasshopper.

4. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

It is a great loss, I grew up watching all his stuff from TV to movies. He did have some influence as to why I chose my path of life. Grasshopper to Master. Peace :(

5. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

To be honest, I have always kind of held a grudge against the guy for stealing Kung Fu from the Great Bruce Lee, which left Lee broke at the time.

That said, I do believe he was a positive contribution to Martial Arts and getting them more mainstream.

RIP

JD

6. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

At that point in history, do you think Lee would have had the acting skill, and the American acceptance, to make it the hit that it was?

Carradine was nowhere near the league of Lee in the MA aspect, and if you revisit the series, it becomes obvious that he was learning as the show progressed.

Lee, however, didn't have the star power at that point in history to keep "The Green Hornet" alive for long.

Carradine had the rock star appeal that was necessary in a time where VCR and DVD didn't exist, and you had to pull every advantage you could to keep a show alive, since TV had no competition as the sole entertainment vehicle.

Lee's concept, for sure. Should he have been given the shot? In a karma sort of way, not getting it forced him into the movies, which gave him a far superior forum to showcase his skill than a TV show ever would have.

Just my thoughts.

7. anm2_man

anm2_man Member

I just wonder why he Hung himself - RIP

8. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

I don't know why he hanged himself, but his life was a little on the crazy side. I remember him telling a story on the Howard Stern Show where he was on LSD and thought that every appliance in the place was trying to get him. He kicked the crap out of each appliance and ran bleeding out of the house naked and screaming. Turns out, it was not his place or appliances. His neighbor was none too happy.

9. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

RIP - Mr. Carradine

[​IMG]

10. orangello

orangello New Member

On another forum i visit, it was reported that the British news indicated he was not just hanging from his neck but from his neck & other (changed from genitals to "body"). It sounds more like something kinky than suicide. That would be embarassing.

11. orangello

orangello New Member

Carradine's body to return home, while questions remain - CNN.com
    LOS ANGELES, California (CNN) -- David Carradine's wife and his manager disputed suggestions that the actor's death was a suicide, while rescue workers and police in Bangkok, Thailand, said the actor's neck and genitals were found bound with rope. :eek:

"Our preliminary assumption is that the cause of death was suffocation, because there was a rope tied to his neck," said Bangkok police spokesman Somprasong Yenthuam.

Autopsy results will not be available for three or four weeks, the police source said.

A member of the emergency crew who was called to the hotel after a maid found Carradine told CNN that a yellow nylon rope was tied around the actor's neck and a black rope was around his genitals. Police later confirmed that information.

Carradine's manager is quoted in the article as saying his info indicated foul play.

I would sooooooo not want that for my legacy.

12. markerdown

markerdown New Member

The Mrs watches Thai TV via satellite. The Thai's are saying there was some monkey business going on in grasshoppers room.

He may have been into that kinky stuff of pseudo asffixiation to enhance sexual arousal. He was tied around his genetals and his neck. There is rumors that a hooker into sm was involved and she panicked and split when it went too far and he died.

That's all I know so far. ..........It's tommorrow morning over there now so they may or may not say any more about it. ...............markerdown

13. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

what better way to go rope around your junk and a freaky hooker spanking you telling you that "You have been a bad bad boy"......

14. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

72 year old guys don't generally commit suicide. It happens, but if you made it that far, you finish it out.

Am I weird in that I was saddened when it appeared to be suicide, but now that it appears to be a misadventure with a Thai hooker, at 72, almost makes him a heroic role model?

And I just discovered that Mask from TapouT died, respected all he did for the sport and up and coming fighters, but was okay with it, since he went in a Ferrari with a chick half his age.

15. WDB

WDB New Member

That is wrong/sick in so many ways, To leave this world as a joke in a way removes any thing you diid right in life. He was a good actor.

16. WDB

WDB New Member

It's one thing to die crashing a Ferrari a whole nother thing to leave this world hanging in a closet hard to see that as a heroic roll model. I expect to live a well expereinced life but don't want to leave this world hung up by a Thai hooker in a closet. WTF that is truly a sad way to leave this world!

17. jeepcreep927

jeepcreep927 New Member

I guess if I had the choice between twisted metal car wreck and freaky Thai hooker tying the noose a lil' too tight I'd choose... well, that ain't much of a choice I guess now is it?

18. WDB

WDB New Member

I think it was an comparison between the two, not so much how you expect to leave this world. Most of will us will leave this world in a far less notable state. All the same if I had to choose a twisted wreck in a sports car is a far better way to go than being hung by a thai hooker.

19. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

I have set aside funds for just this sort of exit. :D

RIP Mr. Carradine and Godspeed. Thank you for the entertainment while it lasted.