Daughter, 21 - CCW Qualifying

Discussion in 'Range Report' started by 12fretter, Mar 3, 2013.

1. 12fretter

12fretter New Member

I took my daughter Leah to her CCW course today. She drew a crowd. Just drilled the EYES out of the target. I'm SO proud!

[​IMG]

2. GonzoLonzo

GonzoLonzo New Member

Thats some good shooting there. You should be proud.

3. fa35jsf

fa35jsf New Member

Taught her good. My fiance is the same age and after only a few times out shooting she got her CHL with similar results.

Don't know why but most of the women I have taken out shooting do really damn good. What's up with that?

4. Doc3402

Doc3402 New Member

No macho BS to get in the way? I've taught both men and women over the years, and I get much better results and much more attention to range safety from the women.

5. orangello

orangello New Member

You need to buy that young lady some ice cream and ammunition.

6. 12fretter

12fretter New Member

Well she's going to get my Bersa she shot with, plus her self defense ammo.

And maybe some ice cream.

7. sewserious

sewserious New Member

My DD is 21 and first time we took her shooting, she did better than both her daddy and me! She listened well (and said it didn't hurt that she had played first-person shooter video games either like Call of Duty, etc). She said it really helped with aiming and keeping a steady hand. (She is a prissy tom-boy, dressed to the 9s to go out one evening and out changing her oil in her car the next morning!)

Grats to your daughter. I know you are really proud of her and good job teaching her, too!

8. 12fretter

12fretter New Member

My daughter is the same way! She knows more about Honda engines that I do about old Chevys.

9. Missouribound

Missouribound Well-Known Member

I'll chime in as well..my wife is an excellent shooter..from the first day. In Illinois (used to live) we couldn't shoot on our property, or in our town for that matter. So all the handling and my "training" of her was holding, getting used to the grip, loading...etc...no live fire. First time we got to the range $25 for both of us to share a lane (I hate Illinois). Anyway, I shot the .357 and she watched as I emptied the chamber. Then I handed it to her. She knew how to load already and keep the gun pointed down range. When she was ready, I watched her body change. She positioned herself, adjusted her stance and focused intently. Her grip was good and first time out, first shot ever, was a perfect bullseye. The 357 made a few heads turn and some of the guys there turned when they heard something a bit bigger than their 9's or 22.s. When one of them looked back at me and mouthed ".357?"...and I shook my head yes. He saw her bullseye and gave me the thumbs up. I am just as proud 15 years later now as I was then. :)

10. 12fretter

12fretter New Member

Nearly the same thing happened with me and my wife. We were at a friends house and he brought out a 44 Magnum with a scope. I shot it and commented that the kick was actually not as much as I thought it would be. I asked Karen if she wanted to try it and she eagerly said yes. Like you, her first shot with it could not have been a more perfect bullseye.

11. CrazedJava

CrazedJava New Member

What kind of Bersa? That's some great shooting.

12. 12fretter

12fretter New Member

Thunder .380. I just bought another one figuring she'll take it over very soon.

13. Missouribound

Where in the hell did you fnd one?? I've been looking for one to carry for several months now.:confused:

14. 12fretter

12fretter New Member

Hell, I have a line on another one I might buy for a friend. Where are you located?

15. Missouribound

Southern Missouri....or as I like to say "Almost Arkansas"

16. 12fretter

12fretter New Member

17. Missouribound

South of Springfield. But that dealer / pawn shop is about 45 miles from me. All I have to do now is convince my better half....and buy another turret for the press.....and buy the dies....and the holster.....sigh...

18. 7point62

7point62 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Nice.

A picture that deserves a second view.

19. bufford1

bufford1 New Member

I've been in LE for more then 20 years and have found that most women don't have the "bad" habits we guys seem to have when shooting, seems God knew what he was doing when he made women.

20. headhunter

headhunter Member

A beautiful target and super getting her CCP.
    About a month ago #1 daughter and "grandma" got their permits. Number 1 cheated a little and borrowed the 5 1/2" bull barrel Ruger she has ahot since she was 10. The 10 ring was gone and it was no surprise. She shot Sharpshooter bar 7 with her rifle as a teen.
    Grandma didn't keep such a tight gtoup using the S&W kit gun. The range was really icy and she was afraid she'd fall. This grandpa was happy she kept them all on tatget.
    I was very happy with both for taking the class and getting their permits.