Dash Cam: Canton PD "Notification" Arrest & Officer Goes Berserk / Threatens

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Poink88, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Poink88

Poink88 New Member

Dash Cam: Canton PD "Notification" Arrest & Officer Goes Berserk / Threatens

WOW!!! If you just want to see the meat...start at 6:00

[ame=http://youtu.be/kassP7zI0qc]‪Dash Cam: Canton PD "Notification" Arrest & Officer Goes Berserk / Threatens‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

2. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I could not watch that whole video. Poor kid.

3. FatPat

FatPat New Member

We've been having a protracted discussion of this over at georgiapacking. This officer lost his mind.

4. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

That cop needs to be in prison.

5. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

Nothing like a HOT-HEAD COP.....The guy did nothing wrong that I can see....Just by him saying he wishes he would of shot the guy,tell's you he's a Pr!ck....I under stand that deal with a lot of bullsh!t every day...but that was STUPID........

6. WDbeej

WDbeej New Member

The latest is that the LEO has been placed on unpaid leave during an investigation of the incident.

My take after watching the video is that the LEO was out of line and seems to have issues.

Lots of opportunities were missed by both LEO's. Serious training breakdowns and a distorted sense of reality on the part of LEO1.

LEO2 needed to reign in his partner and calm him down a bit. Sure they need to control the situation and the scene, but they do not need to dominate it to the point of exclusion of interaction with the driver.

Just a bad situation compounded by an LEO who thinks HE was the law. Everything he called the driver reflected back on himself through his actions.

7. WDbeej

WDbeej New Member

Oops, update on the LEO. He had been "relieved of his duties" following the incident.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2011
  8. JonM

JonM Moderator

perfect example of the batman complex. people like those two officers should never be allowed to carry or own guns. they are obviously extremely unstable individuals and a clear and present danger to others.

not even fit to be mall cops on segways

9. Poink88

Poink88 New Member

Good to know.

While I support our LEO 100%, I don't think they need an officer like this who, IMHO, gives them a big black eye.

10. Poink88

Poink88 New Member

He sure handled it very well though and stayed calm, respectful, agreeable and even too apologetic.

11. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

YES I had two go back and watch the last half of that video again...Those two cops don't know what the other is doing.....and a HOT-HEAD does not help......

12. willshoum

willshoum New Member

Man over board.......

And I was repromanded for my remarks....... This is what happens to people that have to put up with all the sh%t day after day. Two wrongs don't make it right. The officer didn't follow the book and the a%% hole with the pistol didn't know what he was suposed to do in this type of situation. I keep a loaded gun in my truck and get pulled over the first thing I do is put my hands out the widow and tell :eek:the officer I have a loaded weapon in the truck. And you better make damn sure you do not MOVE beyound that point. It's better to be cuffed and released than to be shot dead by some SCARED COP............

13. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Butthole! :mad: Glad he didn't get away with it! :cool:

14. willshoum

willshoum New Member

Quick Draw Dawgg...

Which one........:eek:......

15. vincent

vincent New Member

Yes, he sure did, can't say I would have been anywhere near as patient with that "LEO" and I use the term loosely. Un-frickin-believable!!! What the H**L makes him think he has the right to communicate threats like that!?!? Similar incident a while back, the driver informed the LEO he was a CCW permit holder and was carrying. Was promptly tazed, thrown to the ground, cuffed and detained until the PD supervisor could arrive on site. Turns out, the LEO had never even heard of a CCW and knew NOTHING about such laws...how does that happen??? And friends give me a hard time for doing 54 in a 55...an ounce of prevention I says....

16. willshoum

willshoum New Member

Mout Point.....

Demodon'ts and Republican'ts.......I don't want to die for my country..... But I'll die defending it.....:mad:

17. canebrake

canebrake New Member

WOW, NEVER ESCALATE!!!

And that works both ways!

18. camiller

camiller New Member

As near as I can tell the driver did try to inform the officer at least twice and was shouted down.

19. Mack Bolan

Mack Bolan New Member

I think they should take a portion, if not all of it, of this video and use it in CCW classes as an example of how to react in the situation(at least for the driver), along with maybe some other videos of a correct interaction between the two in a similar or same situation.

It would likely do wonders for both law abiding parties should they ever have that encounter. I dont think it ever hurts to see some reminders on how to stay calm and cool in a situation where another is not, especially when there is such a difference in the level of authority between the two.

While I acknowledge approaching a possibly armed suspect or civilian could be nerver racking and is plenty reason to be on edge, at the same time, having a LEO threaten you while you're trying to cooperate would be kind of scary too.

20. cddbrowns

cddbrowns New Member

Um, he was TRYING to tell the cop he had a CCW......even had the card in his hand. Unless you missed that part of the video, the cop didnt care about whatever the dude was saying, he was more worried about yelling "LIAR" at the guy for saying he knew the girl.