Darwin Awards Honorable Mention

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Jpyle, Feb 2, 2010.

1. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

PONTIAC, Mich., Feb. 2 (UPI) -- Authorities in Michigan said a man was hospitalized with second-degree burns when his homemade sledding rocket pack exploded.
    The Oakland County Sheriff's Office said the 62-year-old Independence Township man constructed a backpack from a motorcycle muffler filled with gasoline and gunpowder and put on a motorcycle helmet before sledding down his back yard hill with the fuse lit, the Detroit Free Press reported Tuesday.
    "At some point during the ride, the device exploded," Undersheriff Mike McCabe told The Detroit News. "Apparently, he has this sledding party every year, and he always does outrageous things at it, but he's never blown himself up before." McCabe said the man suffered burns to 18 percent of his body, including second-degree burns to his right side and his face.

2. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

We definitely know that he is not a rocket scientist. :rolleyes:

3. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper New Member

Maybe not the best laid plans...but at least he wore his helmet.
    Safety First.:rolleyes:

4. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

How much you wanna bet that helmet was the evel knievel replica from 1975?

5. colonelkurtz

colonelkurtz New Member

you'd think a 62 year old man would have more sense:rolleyes: that being said if that had worked it would have been awesome!:cool:

6. canebrake

canebrake New Member

He's probably a laid-off Chrysler door hinge engineer that worked on the Jeep line! Not a clue what to do!

7. kusterleXD

kusterleXD New Member

I was more envisioning a bicycle helmet...

8. zhuk

zhuk New Member

Awesome!

Yeah can't think how that plan could have possibly gone wrong :rolleyes:

9. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

This just reminded me of when I was a motorcycle mechanic. Another guy was working on a bike and it backfired, blew the muffler completely off the bike and shot it across the shop! I was crying from laughing so hard.vv

10. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

They say with age comes wisdom, but clearly sometimes age comes all by itself.

11. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Too bad he did not come up with this stunt at 17 and send a warning to potential breeding partners. At 62 he is a bit old to pass on many genes.

12. AcidFlashGordon

AcidFlashGordon New Member

His genes are so old they're faded and have holes in them.... :rolleyes:

13. Mack Bolan

Mack Bolan New Member

that is pretty good.....62 yrs old......hmmmm, putting gasoline and flame near the face......no alcohol or drugs involved eh?

colonel kurtz....haha..nice... i was wondering if someone on the forum had chosen that screen name.....:)