Daniel Defense V3 or BCM Recca Mod 0

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by ElvispresleyBlvd, Feb 8, 2012.

1. ElvispresleyBlvd

ElvispresleyBlvd New Member

I can get the V3 for a little over 1,100 out the door or the BCM for 1,234 + transfer. The BCM has a auto bolt carrier. Need some some input on the advantage of a auto carrier. Thanks

2. pagj17

pagj17 New Member

The "auto" bcg has more mass, which means less recoil, and slower cyclic rof.

3. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

The DD should have a F/A carrier as well.

What features come on the BCM? Seems a little high at over $1200.

4. Quentin

Quentin New Member

That's a good price for the V3 on the rack. If it doesn't come with the FA carrier then run away, someone's been swapping parts to drop the price. I'm sure DD doesn't build them that way.

5. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

Agreed.

OP - I looked up the two and the DD seems to be your best option. I would look up the two and make sure your LGS is being honest. The price for the BCM is high and the DD should come w/ a FA BCG. Reference the DD and BCM site and compare what you're looking at to what it should be.

6. ElvispresleyBlvd

Thanks for the advice. Went with a spike's got the upper and lower for about 800. I've about 400 rounds down range with it so far so good.

ForumRunner_20120418_103355.jpg

7. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

Looks good. What optic are you running?

8. ElvispresleyBlvd

A Vortex strikefire until i can afford a aimpoint.

9. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

Still nice looking. Haven't heard anything bad about the Vortex. Strikefire's seem to get some good reviews. What ranges are you shooting?

10. ElvispresleyBlvd

50/75 yards. For 120 bucks so far i'm happy with the strikefire

11. JonM

JonM Moderator

One other thing, fa carriers eliminate carrier tilt. Some sa carriers arent balanced and can cause feed issues due to the carrier tipping slightly in the raceway.

12. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Did you ever find out the whole story on the DD with the semiauto carrier? Were they claiming it was brand new? Something smelled there.

13. ElvispresleyBlvd

I was mistaken it was a m16 bolt carrier. I just didn't know the difference at the time still learning.

14. Kinetics

Kinetics New Member

[​IMG]
    That was me i was so confused, thought your options were DD or BCM. Sexy looking gun, and im glad you went with the spikes!

15. ElvispresleyBlvd

Yeah i didn't really look into the whole market at first.

16. Kinetics

Kinetics New Member

Yeah its a good thing that you ended up looking around more, i got exactly what i wanted for 400 less than a DD, glad you got what you want and hope you enjoy it!

17. okdonk

okdonk New Member

Yes DD is damn pricey. ;(

18. MikeJK

MikeJK New Member

They do cost more than a Spikes or BCM, slightly, but if you add up everything you get w/ a DD the gap closes fast and in some instances closes completely.