Firearms Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up everyone! Just trying to get some more info on a gun I am thinking about getting. I have aero's I have a colt, a battle arms development, but my local gun store is selling a DDM4 package. I know about daniels and I know the quality is way up there, but I just would like to gauge what everyone's interest is in them. Is it worth the price? I believe that the price is 2400 for the rifle plus the MRO and the Scout Pro surefire light. Let me know your experiences with them and if you think it is worth it.

·
Premium Member
1,445 Posts
It's all about need and functionality to me. I have too many guns to get into collecting...that's already happened. If I had a need for what this gun is capable of doing, I would consider it. Much less costly rifles are accurate and of high quality and will probably outlast all of us. Probably not the answer you wanted to hear but results are almost always the shooter, not the gun. On the other hand, my abode is full of things I don't "need". Whatever you decide is right.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's all about need and functionality to me. I have too many guns to get into collecting...that's already happened. If I had a need for what this gun is capable of doing, I would consider it. Much less costly rifles are accurate and of high quality and will probably outlast all of us. Probably not the answer you wanted to hear but results are almost always the shooter, not the gun. On the other hand, my abode is full of things I don't "need". Whatever you decide is right.
This is a good point. I want it but I am not sure I “need it” I’m going to school to be a cop so this rifle would be likely accepted by 99% of departments. I just bought a colt so that will work too but I would love to have this in my collection.

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
I know its a bit late but here are my 2 cents.:

Fantastic rifle and also well configured.
BUt the heyday of high AR15 rifle prices has past.
When the sights and the light and the rilfe are added up you are paying MSRP.
Most states have local firearms sales forums or boards.
I picked up some good deals there in the past.

If you are unsure how to inspect a used rifle though then buying new will be your only option.
Do you have a knowledgeable friend who could come with you when you buy from private party?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts