Dangerous glock misfire!

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by gearhead396, Jun 29, 2012.

1. gearhead396

gearhead396 New Member

My roommate owns a glock model 30 I own one as well. As I have posted before when the slide is locked back and a fresh mag is inserted, if you chamber a round by just using the slide release the gun will very rarely fire without pulling the trigger! we both carry concealed and yesterday my room while chambering a round in this way while motioning to holster his glock it misfired and a hollow point bored straightt through his leg!!!! Does he have any legal rights in this situation not really sure who to notify?

2. trip286

trip286 New Member

Hold on, Y'all KNEW the gun was malfunctioning and carried on business as usual?

Can't cure stupid. Your buddy may have legal rights, but maybe he should be denied the right to reproduce. IMHO.

3. trip286

trip286 New Member

Okay, maybe that was a bit harsh. But your roomie is still retarded for not getting a malfunctioning gun fixed right away, and still carrying it. If you know a gun has a problem that makes it unsafe, all your doing is asking for trouble if you keep carrying it without getting it fixed.

4. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

I concur with trips assessment of the situation.

5. kodiak

kodiak Member

Now tell us what kind of aftermarket trigger or modifications that were done to the gun to include polish jobs. I will be very surprised if you tell me it is completely stock.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2012
  6. trip286

trip286 New Member

As much as I don't like, nor trust GLOCK, I have to agree.

7. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

The police should be notified.

And you're damned lucky no one got killed.

8. Fathead00

Fathead00 New Member

You have to have some kind of common sense!! You're dealing with a dangerous weapon that is malfunctioning and you're still using it!!!!!!!! Maybe you should turn in both of your licenses and sell both of your guns. IMHO!!!!!!!

9. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

Pure stupidity. Having a known malfunction that is DANGEROUS!?!? Had it coming.

10. gearhead396

gearhead396 New Member

First of all I am a responsible gun owner my glock has not misfired on me and if it was mine I totally agree I would have it fixed. I also agree my roommate is a complete idiot and should turn in his license but I personally am a responsible gun owner and I have taken all my room mates weapons I do not appreciate the slams on me and my ability to use a gun!

11. gearhead396

gearhead396 New Member

Ps the Mis fire only happened 3 or 4 times in 6 years I guess he thought it was a anamolly still an idiot

12. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Call the Department of Health and Human Services. I doubt they can cure stupid but I'm also positive they will give it a try.

Kodiak,

Highly doubt he's coming back to answer your excellent question.

Tack

13. jon1992d

jon1992d New Member

Has your roomate ever contacted Glock or the dealer he purchased it from? If he notifide them of the misfire before and they did nothing to fix it or offer to fix/replace it then he has a case. He can still go after them for injuries even tho I think a court should just issue him his Darwin award lol ;p and I am in no way questioning your firearm saftey ability only your roomates haha

14. gearhead396

gearhead396 New Member

I appreciate all the input guys and understand the sarcasm he is a complete idiot for letting that happen at all and like I said I now have all his guns in my room and have informed him I will no longer live with him if he want to handle a fire arm he agreed to give them up. Though I am still absolutely furious with him! And I know he got the gun second hand which is something I would never do and there may have been modifications he's trying to sue but I told him glock would say it was user neglect

15. gearhead396

gearhead396 New Member

Kodiak don't appreciate you saying I would not come back to answer that question this is a respectable forum with respectable people no need to be an ass

16. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Well negligence was commited, neglecting to repair a dangerous gun is what got him shot in the first place. Any gun that fires on its own is not a "fluke" occurance, even if it only happens once. It should have been fixed the first time it happened,He should get a vasectomy right away. I think a lawsuit in this case would be a big waste of time

17. gearhead396

gearhead396 New Member

That last message was to tack not Kodiak I apologize

18. gearhead396

gearhead396 New Member

Sorry still
    Getting used to these forums don't know if y'all got the message but tack this is a respectable forum with respectable people why would I not reply to kodiaks perfectly legit question no need to be an ass tack

19. kodiak

kodiak Member

So both of you have this problem with your G30's right? None of this is adding up to me. Posted 24 JUN:

I just don't you're being entirely truthful about the situation. Either both of you have this "issue" with your G30's (highly doubtful), or you just had a ND due to modifications to the action (more likely).

20. gunnovice09

gunnovice09 New Member

Dumb question but what's "ND"?