Dang Dog

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Jo da Plumbr, Apr 25, 2010.

1. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

So Roscoe went after a black & White kitty again!

Is that dog ever going to learn.
    Squirrels...fine
    Rabbits...great
    Skunks...NOOOOOO:eek:

Right in the face again. He's puking and spitting, and I have to drive him home in the truck.
    Then an hour of scrubbing with hydrogen peroxide and baking soda.

He still stinks to high heaven.:mad:

2. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

When I was stationed at FT Lee I saw a skunk take off across a field chasing a soldier. One of the funniest things I've ever seen. Just glad it wasn't me.

3. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

You know, I don't think they EVER learn, Jo. Ranger keeps doing the same thing over and over again. If it moves, they can't resist.

4. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Use a Tea Tree Oil Shampoo it will neutralize the odor and should do the trick. If you want get some Massengils Feminine cleaning thingy(just the original flavor:eek:) and use the liquid to wash the Dog. Odor gone.

5. Poink88

Poink88 New Member

I read washing with tomato sauce works great but thankfully I never have to try it myself yet.

6. Shihan

That doesn't work as well. and a heck of a lot messier. I would go the Douche route.
    Hm Hm, I said Douche.:D

7. General_lee

General_lee New Member

So far, I haven't had a problem with dogs encountering skunks..
    However this reminds me of a few years ago when I was doing construction work at Ft Benning.
    Ever heard the Loudon Wainwright song "Dead Skunk in the Middle of the road"?
    Well there was a dead skunk in the middle of Hourglass rd. right on my way to work.
    It stayed there for about a week.
    All I remember is that was the worst smell to ever go up my nose.
    Someone mentioned giving the dog a tomato juice bath, I've heard about that too, but I don't know if it works or if it's just an old wives tale....couldn't hurt to try it though.

8. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

Oh man. I feel your pain. Two of mine got it in the face in Limekiln Canyon one night. The joy.....

9. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Jo, dang it. But on the bright side, you should be well prepared for this seeing as how it is not the first time. :eek:

10. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Anybody that reads this out of context is just gonna say...WTF! Shihan giving gyny advice...:D

11. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

"Natures Miracle" available at most big chain pet stores.

Tomato products don't work.

Don't ask me how I know.:(

12. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Loki says, "You stink Roscoe!"

[​IMG]

13. Shihan

Just saying, It will get the odor of the Dog. Also off the P.......nevermind.:eek:

Last edited: Apr 26, 2010
  14. willshoum

willshoum New Member

Stinky dogs

This is an old ladys remedy. You have to use Bloody Mary Mix and Good Vodka. This is for you before you wash the dog in an apple cider veniger and water solution. Have a nice day...... Wills in da Swamp

15. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Not too bright of a dog. Didn't learn the first time? lol +1 on the douche.

p.s. Shihan said douche. :D

16. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I understand it to be the acid that breaks down the odor. Tomatos used to be good, but the acid level is reduced in modern hybrids. Vinegar = acid = good.

17. notdku

notdku Administrator Staff Member

You'd figure the bath would be reason enough for him to leave them alone. I had it happen to a dog of mine once and he never chased a skunk again.

18. willshoum

willshoum New Member

Bad Dog

Just an after thought, the old lady rubbed the dog down with peppermint leaves from her herb garden to give him that fresh mint smell, plus the oil helps the dogs coat and repels ticks and fleas.........

19. Glasshartt

Glasshartt New Member

Joe, the way to get Roscoe to stop going after skunks is to buy a commercial "de-skunking" product. I used to have a great dane-dobe mix who got 4 or 5 skunks in her time. The last one she got was right behind the house and the smell was so strong in the house that I lost my lunch. I don't remember what we used on her, I thing it was tomato juice or tomato soup. After that I found some de-skunking stuff in one of my catalogs and bought it. She never got another skunk after that.